Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question found a heck of a deal tonight but I was wondering would a 93 302 stang motor work in my 93 ?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
Yep. '93's are batch fire so run your plug wires in the 5.8/5.0HO firing order and let her eat...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it will work just fine? And the firing order is the same ? An what do you mean let her eat ?

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
The firing order is different on the Mustangs. You need to swap your plug wires around so the firing order matches. Run your plug wires like a 5.8 truck.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The stang engine has a roller cam so I think you will have to swap distributor gears too.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
no use the dizzy gear that came with the mustang engine.
won't the mustang dizzy and the truck dizzy be different since the mustang is maf and the truck isn't?

for that matter, how will the trucks FI system handle the mustang cam grind?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
no use the dizzy gear that came with the mustang engine.
won't the mustang dizzy and the truck dizzy be different since the mustang is maf and the truck isn't?

for that matter, how will the trucks FI system handle the mustang cam grind?
the gear in the dizzy are of different material that will cause premature wear and engine failure.

You can run a MAF dizzy on a SD EEC/vice versa, but you will have to correct the fireing order by rearranging the spark plug wires accordingly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the motor is complete with everything I was gonna put my heads and my cam and my intake in it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. full motor, 302, bore is 30 over, roller rockers, everything else is stock, all is done but putting it to top dead center and timing, has standard trans bell housing with new flywheel and new clutch/pressure plate. price is $450 o.b.o.

My plan is to use this motor and swap some parts like the intake and the cam and the heads and the distributor if i have to I hope that this will work I'm noob when it comes to this type of stuff

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
if i would run the mustang cam, be easy to swap to MAF later down the road

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
The mustang cam is very SD friendly, the stock truck computer will play nicely. '93s are batch fire so the firing order doesn't make a difference

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just keep in mind that the Mustang engine has slightly different heads compared to the Bronco and requires different spark plugs. Also, there is no provision for the knock sensor behind the intake. Use your oil pressure unit from the bronco as the mustang may read differently.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Just keep in mind that the Mustang engine has slightly different heads compared to the Bronco and requires different spark plugs. Also, there is no provision for the knock sensor behind the intake. Use your oil pressure unit from the bronco as the mustang may read differently.

It has E7 truck heads on it already??????????????///

Seems WAY to much BS in this post to understand what the OP needs.

93 Mustang has cast pistons, not forged like the early cars.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
just run the mustang motor as it is, the stock bronco EEC won't see a difference, and the roller moter set up from the mustang is an upgrade.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts