Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bronco 86 xlt 302

doing intake.

What the hell size is the alan wrench bolt in the upper intake manifold?

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,199 Posts
I do believe its a t40. Its easier to find the bit then put it into a 1/4 socket with some tape or silicone to hold it in place.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I do believe its a t40. Its easier to find the bit then put it into a 1/4 socket with some tape or silicone to hold it in place.
yeah T-40 sounds right and 1/4" drive is what you want. It is a torx head, not an allen head.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Yep, T-40

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
odly enough it was a allen wrench, and size 5. What a beeach that was to find. Spent the better part of 4 hours trying to locate a allen that long. But she is running like a champ again. :thumbup thanks all :)

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
odly enough it was a allen wrench, and size 5. What a beeach that was to find. Spent the better part of 4 hours trying to locate a allen that long. But she is running like a champ again. :thumbup thanks all :)
The previous owner must have drop the original torx screw on ya

Glad she's back together. how come you had her off ? Putting PermaDryPlus valve cover gaskets on were ya ?

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I was putting new valve cover gaskets on, but thats not why I pulled the intake. It was leaking pretty bad and causing a lot of power loss. Looking at the old intake gasket, my dad who has been a ford mech for many years said to him it looked like the gasket have never been changed. The tool he had at home would have worked to remove the screw but that was 200 miles away. :banghead Come to find out the truck had 4 different owners in 2 years that could not get it to pass smog. No one ever spent the time to see why. Leaky intake.. $15 part and 2 hours of actual work and she runs great. Now to get the previous owner to get past smog. Shouldn't be an issue now. I have another thread about smog. Thanks again for the help guys/gals :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts