Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should number #13 on the fuse block give power to the Odometer? reason i ask is i had that fuse out while working on pulling the instrument cluster (turn off door ding). i noticed that my odometer went blank. should the speedometer be getting power from the fuse block as well to work properly?

I appreciate your quick response, i am diagnosing my issue with the speedometer not working, i have already replaced sensor on rear diff and i was doing the psom test which worked and is now making me think something else is wrong to cause the speedo to not work.

·
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just tried to recal my speedo for the 31" tires. I have grounded out the calibration port under dash. i held reset,key to run,let go reset, hit reset again and 972CAL is displayed. i hit either reset or select and nothing changes.

Thanks

·
Banned
11,439 Posts
Did the needle sweep? Did it show the revision & lockout? Did the odometer ever come on? Are you sure you got the right wire grounded? Are you sure it's grounded to something on the body?

·
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the needle sweep? Did it show the revision & lockout? Did the odometer ever come on? Are you sure you got the right wire grounded? Are you sure it's grounded to something on the body?

yes needle sweeped. yes revision 08 02 i believe, yes on ground, going to try to ground again to a different spot.

edit: ok i got a better ground and was able to change the constant to 9.18 it was at 9.72 which is kinda high isnt it. could that alone cause my speedometer to not work? also what about my comment regarding power and the fuse that seems to be giving power to the OD.

·
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually i am at E o8 5.

ive only changed the rear diff sensor. where is the 4wabs module located. I do have an abs light currently on as well. i will try to locate that module

·
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well so far no one carries the module but ford and they want $354 $100core. i will have to try the wrecking yard.

·
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will attempt to pull the abs codes and get back to you.

·
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok this is what i got

flash flash pause flash flash pause then light stays on perm.

thanks

·
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What does this look like to you

·
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i have talked with some others and there is a slight pause between the flashes which would tell me i have a bad module. so steve i will be contacting you regarding price

·
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if it is infact a 22 then would that still cause an issue with my speedometer not working? it may be the cause for my abs to be on i am sure. I went ahead and sent you payment for that module just in case it is the problem. if you have any more ideas

·
Banned
11,439 Posts
22 probably wouldn't affect the PSOM, but you could just pull your 4WABS module connector & install jumper wires from the ABS input to the PSOM output terminals & find out real quick. The ABS light would be on, but if the PSOM works, you'll know the module is the fault. If the PSOM still doesn't work, you'll know to keep looking.

And if you decide you DON'T want this module, just let me know before I ship it & I'll send all your money back. If you want to keep testing yours, just let me know how long to wait.

·
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok i can try that today when i get home. which terminals are the abs to psom on the connector?

Thanks again

·
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok i am looking at the module diagram you have on your site. pins 22 & 21 are for the vehicle speed sensor, pins 32,31,30 show acceleration sensor.

the psom comes in on pins 14 & 39 looks like. which of these should i connect up.

·
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok thanks steve, i will get on this afternoon and report back to you tomorrow. if you could just hold on to things for right now that would be great.

·
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
steve i want you to go ahead and send the module please.

i tried to jump pins 14 to 22 and then tried 14 to 21 and got no change, speedo didnt budge. is it possible i need to jump some other pins as well? please check the diagram above. i am using 16g wire to stick into where the pins go so hopefully its making a good enough connection.

·
Banned
11,439 Posts
Did you have BOTH of them jumpered at the same time? You have to complete the circuit thru the ABS sensor (VSS in the diagram) for the PSOM to get a signal.

If you DID, and the speedo didn't work, then it's not the 4WABS module - it's the sensor, the PSOM, or the wiring between them.

But I'll send it if you want - it's your property.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts