Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SAS coming. Running an 11" tall airbag at all 4 corners...im doing this because i got them cheap. It will be really nice and because no one else has and i want to...ok:goodfinge

so front suspension will be an air bag bolted to the solid d44...thats easy:thumbup

the rear suspension now...im trying to avoid having to go to 4link right now because i really dont have the money:duh ...I already have a shackle flip bracket. So shackle flip is in order...
A. I was going to use the stock main leaf(MONOLEAF) to locae the axel... mount the bag above it for ride height and comfort... Anyone see any problems with this... I understanmd one leaf will be weak and i may keep one extra leaf with the pack... I understand i may gain some axel wrap...anti-wrap bars are being drawn up now...
b. with the mainleaf opnly and this air bag will that leaf(w/ shackle flip) strech enough to get the lift done???im assuming the shackle has enough potential.. I need to match the ~~7" lift for the front...

Give me some ideas on how to keep wheel hop down while avoiding 4 link...
Also anyone have any ideas how to mount this bag to the top of the leaf????:duh

let me know what you guys think...ill get some pics up tonight hopefully

dc

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Why not keep more leaves in case you have a problem with the bag in the future? If a bag tears, blows out or your air pump/air lines goes out you would still have enough support from the leaf pack to keep going without too much worry. Just fab up gusseted L shaped brackets for the top and bottom for the bags to mount on. The upper mounts to the frame and the lower mounts over the spring U bolts.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Don't do it unless your going to 4 link the rear.

If you take the spring pack apart and run 1 leaf its going to have severe axle wrap under braking and acceleration. If you run the full spring pack and the air bag its going to have a very stiff rear end. Unless of course you run the bags with such low pressure just for them to roll right, but then there not really going to be supporting any weight and you might be as well to just leave them off anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts