Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The daughter bought a 79 bronco in boxes. I have been putting it back together but the rear sway bar has got me puzzled. I am not sure I have the right parts. Does anyone have some pics of the sway bar mounted and pics of the mounting brackets for a factory rear sway bar on a 79 bronco?

Thanks
Bushman

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK here you go. One link is mounted on the frame already. What I am not sure is if the axle clamp on brackets are correct, and exactly where they go on the rear axle if they are correct. Also what the orientation of the sway bar to the rear axle is. IE on top or under.

Thanks
Bushman

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need one of those diagrams for a 1979 Bronco with a 9". I have been looking can't seem to locate one. Even checked my 79 factory service manual.

Bushman

·
Registered
371 Posts
The u bolts brackets are really bigger and they not look like the '83 posted above.
I have a 78-79 complete parts fiche but i cannot open it with adobe.
I will ask my GF when she's back from work for help.
Marc

·
Super Moderator
26,097 Posts
yo bushman,
I will see if I can find our ex-78 printed pics showing 9" sway pics
for now
here is one pic off the 78 Broncoby JB; in a 9" Front bar on top

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
I cannot post the image, i had to take a picture of it.Its not the best but you can still see the diagram.
this is for 78-79 bronco.
Marc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks guys!! I just got back from the wrecking yard also. No 78/79's but some 80's with 9". They are quite a bit different I noticed the swaybar on those stays inboard of the shocks. Mine appears to be wider so I am assuming it runs outboard of the shocks?

Bushman

Thanks again for the diagram!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O.k. thanks again!! I think I got it now. It looks like I have the correct sway bar but incorrect mounting brackets to the axle. With the diagram and the last pic I was able to find the previous mounting marks. Looks like the bracket actually straddles one of the u-bolts. The brackets that I have are a lot narrower than the previous markings on the axle. Previous owner must have lost them and tried to get new ones. That would explain why they are nice and fresh painted but the rest of the sway bar stuff wasn't. Looks like I will be searching for a set of brackets.
Thanks again everyone!!

Bushman

1 - 12 of 12 Posts