Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1983 Base model with the 300, it has the 11 inch clutch with mechanical linkage. I have searched for a week looking for someone that makes a replacement fork. Luk showed it but it has the ball stud built onto the fork where mine has the ball stud on the bellhousing. I had ordered the one from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard but it is the one with the ball stud built onto the fork and is made by Luk. There is no other manufacture that I have found that supplies one for that 83 with mechanical linkage. ATP, Pioneer, Dorman, Luk, and all the aftermarket ones that Summit and others supply. It looks very similar to the one that Jeff's Bronco Graveyard shows fitting the 83 but with a slightly different arch and of course the issue with the ball stud. I'm not going to search all over the wrecking yards for that one "Unicorn" model vehicle.

Just a little background on me. I was in and out of the Automotive world for over 40 years so I know how to research and go outside the box to see if someone makes this or not. This is going to require a response from someone that has had this issue and maybe had to use a different fork or system?

Thank's in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alternate ? Does any one have the fork with the ball stud, and what does the fork attach to in the bellhousing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps someone has a link to a clear illustration of the ball stud pivot bracket on the 1980-1982 models.

Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone out here have a old Mitchell manual or access to all data or other old manuals that they would be willing to scan a document with illustrations of the 80-82 clutch lever components and the 84 on up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts