Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Ford Bronco
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What rims do you think would look from on my 1984 bronco?

Always what size rims, chrome, black, chrome with black, white? 🤔

thesize of the tires are for sure gonna be 35in. But I can decided if I should go big tire small rim, small tire big rim, or in the middle 🤔

show me y’all’s tires and rim set up, I love looking at different set ups !

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,675 Posts
I like small wheels and big sidewall. 20s dont belong wrapped in anything under 40s or larger.

35s dont look good with anything bigger than 17s IMHO, I would prefer a 15 or 16. I like more classic styled wheels compared to the likes of Moto metal or RBP, etc.

BUT... What is up with your suspension? Why is neither axle centered in the wheel well? I see it has extended radius arms, which determine the front axle location, but the springs look straight. The rear looks like the springs were put on backwards.

·
Registered
1984 Ford Bronco
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like small wheels and big sidewall. 20s dont belong wrapped in anything under 40s or larger.

35s dont look good with anything bigger than 17s IMHO, I would prefer a 15 or 16. I like more classic styled wheels compared to the likes of Moto metal or RBP, etc.

BUT... What is up with your suspension? Why is neither axle centered in the wheel well? I see it has extended radius arms, which determine the front axle location, but the springs look straight. The rear looks like the springs were put on backwards.
Hmmm good catch I didn’t notice that. I didn’t put the lift on myself.

maybe it doesn’t look centered because of the angle I took the pic, I’m not sure. I’ll have to take a look at it again when I get home, I’ll post pics

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,675 Posts
Reactions: Rodribra001

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
533 Posts
Should the front springs not look straight or something?
You may want to find out from BDS how far back the radius arm bracket is to be placed from the stock location and measure to see that it was installed correctly. You should be able to measure it form the previous bolt hole location to the new location.

·
Registered
1984 Ford Bronco
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I found this thread, the op seems to have the same issue as I do.m, we both put a BDS 4in lift on our trucks

I’m still gonna go take it make to where I got it installed so they can take a look at it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts