Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you have probably all heard this question a hundred times, but I have a limited about of time for internet usage currently, so I can't take the time to do all the searching I want to do to read up...

I've gotten a good deal on parts off of a 1979 F150. Plans are...

79 F150 D44HP
79 F150 radius arms, radius arm brackets, coil buckets, trac bar
6" lift coils for a 79 F150
custom upper trac bar mount
4?? inch drop pitman arm (need some help on this one)
extended steel braided brake lines

I am plannin' on movin' the axle forward 1".

Lemme know what you guys think, what would need to be changed in my plans, etc.

Just please, no flaming for not searching! I know its not the right thing to do! :whiteflag

-Brandon

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Go with 6 inch, everything looks good.

**I'm currently uploading photos of my finished sas, it'll give you an idea**

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! I'd let to check out the setup, if its similar to mine.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I know you have probably all heard this question a hundred times, but I have a limited about of time for internet usage currently, so I can't take the time to do all the searching I want to do to read up...

I've gotten a good deal on parts off of a 1979 F150. Plans are...

79 F150 D44HP
79 F150 radius arms, radius arm brackets, coil buckets, trac bar
6" lift coils for a 79 F150
custom upper trac bar mount
4?? inch drop pitman arm (need some help on this one)
extended steel braided brake lines

I am plannin' on movin' the axle forward 1".

Lemme know what you guys think, what would need to be changed in my plans, etc.

Just please, no flaming for not searching! I know its not the right thing to do! :whiteflag

-Brandon

Looks pretty good :thumbup

If I remember right, you won't be able to use the 79 trac bar... I think it's too long, but don't quote me on that :toothless

Oh, and about the pitman arm... All of that stuff is really dependent on how the trac-bars turns out with the angles and such. I was planning on using the one I had from my 6" TTB lift, but I ended up using my stock pitman arm and I have 9" coils (I did a knuckle under swap tho). Just some food for thought :beer

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, if I do a knuckle under swap, would I just mount my upper trac bar point higher to keep the angles the same? Then possible be able to run the stock pitman arm? I was considerin' a knuckle under anyhow.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I'm running knuckle under and am planning on running the stock 96 pitman arm. I get my steering stuff back on Friday. I'll bolt it up and take some photos for you. Hopfully it works, i'd rather not buy a new pitman arm if i can help it

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just finish the steering first and once everything is in place then fab up the trac bar mounts to match the tierod angle. That way you really only have to worry about the angle of one of them. And the stock pitman arm seems to be the most common/easiest thing to use in this situation since you already have one.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I'd stick with the stock pitman arm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts