Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I have C.R.S
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as title says I need some advice on a possable perchase. I have the chance to buy a 75 - 77 F150. The body is shot its totally rusted through. If you take a deep breath you could blow the body off the frame. As for the frame and running gear is in good order. The guy is asking 700 - 1,000 bucks for it. the motor is a I-6 in good running condition. The parts I am interested in are both the Axles and suspension parts. I figure sence his low asking price is 700 I might get him down to 500. So what I am asking is. If I buy the truck for 500 - 700 bucks, and I part out the rest do you think I can get some of the cash back out of the parts that I would be paing for it?

Nemesis

·
Registered
161 Posts
Leave it alone. $500 trucks are just money pits waiting to happen...especially that old and that rusted. Given the year and overall condition of the truck, you wouldn't want to use any parts off it anyway.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'd pay $500 for it, take what I wanted and scap the rest. You could probably part it out for more than $500, just my opinion.

In my area of Florida people want $900-$1500 for one of those model trucks and that's one that's been sitting in the weeds for who knows how long.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you need it for an SAS, its worth it for the front end. The rear won't do you any good with VSS, but it would still fetch $50-$100 around here, the motor is near worthless, if its a 4 speed truck, an NP435/NP205 combo, its worth some money, and the bellhousing fits SBF and 351C trucks too, that put together if its in good shape should fetch $300-$600 depending on how nice it is. Figure you might be able to nickle and dime some trim and whatnot for another $25-$100, and the rest of it is worth $50 in steel cut up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts