Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I just want to thank those of you for answering my questions and helping me out in my previous 2 posts. After getting all the feedback and despite being flamed for it I didnt want the 8" lift with 39.5s for glory - I thought it just looked sick. But its obvious from everything Ive heard unless I spend a ton of money my bronco with that set-up wouldnt live long wheeling hard. So basically I want to know that if a 6" lift with 35s is most peoples max recommendation (if you plan on serious wheeling) does that mean that there are still problems associated with it? Is there a large wear/tear difference between a 4" and a 6" lift. I want 35s but not if Im going to break things left and right when I go wheeling. Im planning on either a Dick Cepek or BDS set-up which Ive heard are pretty tough but other then the actual lift components what will suffer on the vehicle with q 6"/35 set-up? Will it be anymore then the 4"/35 set-up or just nominally? Is it possible with bumber spacing to run a 4" lift with 35/12.50/16x12s without any major rubbing (Im not worried about radius arm/full lock contact).? Also will 16x12s even fit on a bronco (assuming the appropriate backspacing)? Does anyone run that wide of a rim? Thanks again guys for all of you help. I just want to make the right choices the first time and have a solid DD and something that can handle some wheeling np.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Don't go wider than a 10" rim. You can blow a bead real easy with a 12". You can run 35's with a 4" but you will need some minor fender cutting and bumper cutting or spacing. The only real difference between the 4 and 6 center of gravity. Obviously you want it to stay as low as possible. The suspension kit is more than capable of handling serious wheeling. The Bronco is a very strong truck and everything can handle 35's for the most part. The tranny and t-case are very strong. The issues you may run into are with the axles. Especially the front. Without a locker and asuming your foot isn't made of lead you should get by with minimal breakage. By minimal I mean a broken u-joint every once in a while. If you lock it expect that "once in a while" to become often. The rear is also a strong axle. I have never had an issue with mine running 37's but it is not locked. When you put a locker in an axle it gets much stress put on it. Only other thing I can say is to do regular maintanence on your wheel bearings and you should be fine. Oh yeah, WARN MANUAL HUBS!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts