Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i LOVE projects, there is 2 things in life that truly bring me joy, a project car/truck in the garage, and music... the one that thing bothers me about projects tho, is looking at the big picture, when i look at my bronco i see exactly what i want to do, but its just hard for me to go about what order to do it all in, so heres my idea... i'd like to sell the bronco, or keep it, dun know yet, and go out and find myself an old rolling chassis, no body, no engine most likely, no nothin, just a frame with wheels haha... then strip that down, coat the frame, get a lift, get some mudder's and make a rolling chassis for a mudder, only fully restored, then go out and find myself an engine, rebuild that, get the tranny, axles, yada yada yada, then find the body and bed and just build up a project like that, because in all honesty, even tho it may sound stupid to some of you guy's, it just sounds easier to do it that way than it would to try and restore the bronco i currently own... i'm just tryin to see what everyone else thinks of this idea and see if anyone else has the same 'big picture' problem that i do... oh, and sorry if this is a repeat thread, but bear with the newbie :goodfinge haha...

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
You probably don't want to ship from OR, do you?... because I can give you the name and number of a guy with a rolling 92 Bronco, minus front clip, that I haven't bought yet

Personally, I think you'd be getting into a bigger headache, working with a piece-by-piece project and making it all fit, than working with what you have - which is what I'd do, if I ewre you. That way, you'd know everything is there, what parts could be sold and replaced with something more to suit your needs/wants

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy351 said:
why would you want to do a frame off restoration on something you're just going to trash?
not a frame off, pretty much building my own truck from the ground up with aftermarket parts and parts from many dif donor trucks... and ya, i can see where fitting everything together might be a problem, i didn't really take that into consideration, but at the same time i could always fab. stuff together... i dunno, its just easier for me to think about things a step at a time, and building a truck like that just seemed easier, like, first, buy the frame, get it in a good shape, then move onto whatever needs to be bought next...

and i probly wouldn't wanna have to get something shipped to me, just cus whatever i get i'm going to get sandblasted at my dads place and then coat, so a beatup frame from MI would do just fine fer that :p, but thanks for the tip anyway :thumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts