• Swap to M5OD & BW1345

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a little dilema here with the truck. Since I don't have the tranny/tcase out of the 91 yet it gives me some time to think. I was thinking.....what tranny do I want to keep. Problem is, I wanna keep both of them. The one in the truck now it is either a T18 or T19....dunno, haven't pulled #'s yet. But I was thinking that way I could keep my granny low and just slap a 208 on the back of it....save a little bit of money in the process. Then again. I could swap to the M5OD in the 91 and have my overdrive and save gas. The truck's right now a DD and weekend warrior *well, not yet :cry * Just can't figure out what to do. T18/19 with granny and enjoy crawling around/truck pulls. Or be more driver friendly and save gas with OD on the M5OD....what would you do? I need to keep a fairly low crawl ratio as now all the places I know of are rocky places and trails with nice steep hills in 'em. Hence why I'm not considering a NP205; though it would be nice. Then again...I guess I would if I do end up doing a few truck pulls, wouldn't I? :brownbag And, if it matters, I'm planning on mud drags too.

·
Registered
677 Posts
starters its a T-18 the 19 was in 1 tons i believe, i would stay with the T-18/208 combo of course i'm a bit partial.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know what....Idk...I can't find a ****'n site that lists Ford manual transmissions. :mad:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy351 said:
NV 4500 and 2 NP 205s
:slap If I go and do a swap like that I'll go with the 5600 and twin Atlas 'cases.

Should I keep the current 2wd 4spd and slap on a '208, what exactly would have to be done? Would output shafts have to be swapped, like on automatic trannies?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts