Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in searching around forsome issues I'm having, I ran into Steve83's great post about pulling the DTCs using teh MIL or a test light, and thought, bam, there's what I'm looking for! Not so much...

I printed out and read thru the entire post 5-6 times. I don't think I missed anything here. I cranked the truck, warmed it up, them shut it down. waited 10+ seconds, and hooked up the test light between the two diagnostic plugs as shown in the diagram. Turned the key on for the KOEO self-test, nothing happened. I didget a slight glow in the test light, but not much. No blinking, no pulses.

What did I do wrong? I took a couple pics of the plugs, I do have the right one, right? What am I missing?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That helped, I was confused by the Ford manual. I'll try it again tomorrow, thanks for the link!

No, my CEL is non-functional right now. I was trying to use the test light.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't have it connected right. I mistakenly read the diagram to show the jumper between the STI and the ground on the larger plug. That's where your diagram shows to use the paper clip right? that grounds the STI and triggers the test right? Then connect the test light between 12V+ and the terminal to the lower left of the ground on the big plug, STO, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts