Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm drawing a basic wiring diagram for my auto tech class. head-lamp switch, parking/headlights, turn signals, tail lamps, turn signal switch, trailer harness, you get the point.

my question is, how do i draw in the emergency flasher switch as a button on the steering column? i can NOT just put a little button that rotates the brake/turn signal busses. it needs to be somewhere inside the turn signal switch, which, as you know, is in the steering column.

here are some pics of the switch i am working with, a handout from my teacher.

thanks in advance.

sorry for the craptacular quality.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a schematic drawing on a hazard switch? anyone? i'm clueless here.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Okay, somebody call me out and tell me I'm stupid if this is wrong, but the flashers have nothing to do with the turn signal switch. Yes, it is also mounted on the column, but that has nothing to do with the turn signal switch. The only common thing between the flasher and the turn signals is the bulbs. A completely different switch is thrown which supplies power to a flasher module, which in turn sends power to the bulbs in an on/off flashing pattern. Of course, I didn't take your class, so I have no idea what your teacher is looking for.:shrug

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave's Bronc 90 said:
Okay, somebody call me out and tell me I'm stupid if this is wrong, but the flashers have nothing to do with the turn signal switch. Yes, it is also mounted on the column, but that has nothing to do with the turn signal switch. The only common thing between the flasher and the turn signals is the bulbs. A completely different switch is thrown which supplies power to a flasher module, which in turn sends power to the bulbs in an on/off flashing pattern. Of course, I didn't take your class, so I have no idea what your teacher is looking for.:shrug
thanks for the insight guys, but, i'm gonna meet up with my shop partner and see how he drew it, i know he has it right.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Are you wondering just how to draw it out?
Usually when theres more than 1 switch on something theres a box drawn around it and on one of the sides of the box it will say what it is. For example "Multifunction switch" and then all the seperate switches for the wipers, signals, flashers, and windshield washer are drawn out inside it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts