Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keller and areas around Ft. Worth. Can any of you give me some info? Schools, neighborhoods..

Basically. Is Ft Worth as bad as it seems like I see on COPS? :thumbup

Thanks...

TRYIN" hard to get to Texas.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i live 20 or 30 minutes south of Ft. Worth in a SMALL town called Keene. i go up to ft worth every now and then and hang out with friends. at night it can get a little wierd in down town but other than that i love it. burleson is also a great place.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Umm no its not. Certain areas are but if you avoid those areas its really a great town (given I'm a little biased). Keller is a different story. It started off as a nice little suburb, but its blown up since then. The houses seem to be on top of each other (compared to what I'm used to). The traffic on the north side of town is a little rough too, although probably not as bad as you're used to coming from CA.

Fort Worth and most of its suburbs feel smaller than they are. People are really nice. Theres plenty of things to do. The sports teams are pretty damn good (aside from in the playoffs, then they all suck). From what I remember the Keller schools are supposed to be good, but they're getting crowded.

What else you wanna know?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Traffic and crime are no where near as bad in Ft. Worth as they are in Dallas, but then again, Dallas is twice as big. Like they say, though, there are good areas and bad areas in every major metropolitan city. Ft. Worth is no worse than any other city its size, and it has the cool stockyard area north of town. FWIW, I work in Dallas and live in Dallas County, but find Ft. Worth to be more welcoming, more friendly, more laid back and just nicer than Dallas. Not to say I don't like Dallas cause I do like it - much better than I liked the expensive cost of living in California - but the g/f and I like to escape to Ft. Worth every once in awhile.

As for Keller, don't know much about it except for the one time I went there to pick up my pup from a breeder. Thought it was a really nice, quiet, upscale suburb. That was about 6 years ago, though, so like Dosdovi said, I'm sure it's grown since then.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Fawk you Ian, we didn't want you either :goodfinge

:rofl: joking of course

Ft. Worth is not very bad at all. It has seedy areas, but like Ed said that's to be expected.

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't help, but who actually WANTS to move to Texas :shrug
My wallet for one.. 2100 a month to 1100? 1200 a month rent?No brainer..

Calilf schools are shit for the most part, the people suck and traffic is beyond insane. Also , don't care for the thick brown layer of smog I see everyday. Not somedays, EVERYDAY...

Thanks for the info guys..

The scoop on the house I had, well, it fell through, and glad it did. Me and the wife thought it would be much smarter to rent somplace first. then buy.. Figure out where exactly we wanna go.. I still like the Flowermound/Lewisville area. but, Little Elm and Fort Worth make me happier in in the wallet rent wise.

First , second week of March is the desired time of arriving. If all goes good with work, it will be FINALLY time.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Cool, we'll have a get together after you get settled in :beer

( possibly a Katemcy or Barnwell Mtn run :toothless )

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
My wallet for one.. 2100 a month to 1100? 1200 a month rent?No brainer..

Calilf schools are shit for the most part, the people suck and traffic is beyond insane. Also , don't care for the thick brown layer of smog I see everyday. Not somedays, EVERYDAY...

Thanks for the info guys..

The scoop on the house I had, well, it fell through, and glad it did. Me and the wife thought it would be much smarter to rent somplace first. then buy.. Figure out where exactly we wanna go.. I still like the Flowermound/Lewisville area. but, Little Elm and Fort Worth make me happier in in the wallet rent wise.

First , second week of March is the desired time of arriving. If all goes good with work, it will be FINALLY time.

Like I said before, hurry up! :thumbup

·
Registered
117 Posts
I live in Mineral Wells, about 45 minutes from the West outskirts of Fort Worth. I don't necessarily recommend this town, especially if you have kids, but most small towns around FW are exponentially cheaper to live. I started out paying $300 a month for a 2 bedroom duplex (moved in after it was fully renovated) and now I am in an older 2bdr house with a fenced yard for $400 a month.

My buddy lives in Aledo, 15 minutes from fort worth, it is a nice place, awesome 5A school and still much cheaper than the big city. If you don't mind living a short drive from FW than you can surely reduce your expenses.

Also, if you are worried about emissions inspections, not every county here has them. I am in Palo Pinto county and they have no emissions inspections. When you do move, make sure you get a TX license ASAP so you can start buying guns right away and not fear that shadowy characters will be watching your every move and rummaging through your trash.

Are you leaving the Peoples Republic of California as a political refugee? :histerica

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL..

Yes, I am leaving Calimexico.. Errrmmmm... I wouldn't exactly call it a republic here.. More like a bleeding whining liberal state, that doesn't know it's head from it's ass..

I am getting TX plates ASAP.. 1. because I am embarassed to be from Calif, 2. the plates look much better on a Bronco then the pansy Calif plates.

DEFINATELY get a get together going. I am jonesing for some wheelin.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My buddy lives in Aledo, 15 minutes from fort worth, it is a nice place, awesome 5A school and still much cheaper than the big city. If you don't mind living a short drive from FW than you can surely reduce your expenses.
I live in Aledo (when at home) and can say I thoroughly enjoy it. The drive is about 15 mins from exit to exit, never any traffic on 20, sometimes mild traffic on 30 in Ft worth. Once you are outside of the "city" there is never any traffic.
I used to live in Weatherford, and am more partial to the people you run into out there, but Aledo is a good compromise if you dont want to drive 30-50 mins to Ft. Worth. I didn't mind the drive. It was quite scenic and after a while, even the drive is enjoyable. It kind of becomes part of "home".

LOL..

Yes, I am leaving Calimexico.. Errrmmmm... I wouldn't exactly call it a republic here.. More like a bleeding whining liberal state, that doesn't know it's head from it's ass..

I am getting TX plates ASAP.. 1. because I am embarassed to be from Calif, 2. the plates look much better on a Bronco then the pansy Calif plates.

DEFINATELY get a get together going. I am jonesing for some wheelin.
Sounds like you'll fit in.

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanx, hope so man

My work is in Carrolton. But, my job takes me everywhere.. Traffic will suck.
But, that is the way it is .

Should be Feb 22 or so. I will be driving the beast out there and getting a rental home.

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
Thanx, hope so man

My work is in Carrolton. But, my job takes me everywhere.. Traffic will suck.
But, that is the way it is .

Should be Feb 22 or so. I will be driving the beast out there and getting a rental home.
Are you set on Ft Worth? if you are gonna be working in Carrolton, have you looked or thought about? just east of Dallas?

I'm about 20 minutes east of Dallas and 45ish minutes from Carrolton.

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am looking all around Carrolton. Lewisville, Carrolton, Flower Mound, Coppell. Little Elm, etc.. Wherever the rent is the cheapest and the neighborhood is a little safe, that is where we will be.

·
Registered
832 Posts
i just moved from mckinney. and if i heard right collin county was the fastest growing county in the nation then (just thought id throw that out there) im trying to think where carrolton is but cant seem to remember...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I am looking all around Carrolton. Lewisville, Carrolton, Flower Mound, Coppell. Little Elm, etc.. Wherever the rent is the cheapest and the neighborhood is a little safe, that is where we will be.
I mean I don't know a whole lot about those little burbs, they all run together for me. I have some friends from flower mound and one from coppell. Of the two I'd say flo mo is safer and a little better school wise. All of those towns are growing so fast they don't know what to do.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'm in Bedford. That's exactly half-way between Fort Worth and Dallas, about 5 miles south of Grapevine (DFW airport). Hurst, Euless (Euseless), and Bedford are all remarkably cheap. My 1000 sq ft 2 bed 2 bath apartment is $785/mo, just to give some frame of reference. Just bear in mind that DFW is 150 square miles of suburbia.
I also have friends in McKinney and I will say this, if I was going to buy a home and didn't mind driving to work I would probably move out there. There's also a $3/day gun range out there, if you're into shooting.

You're based in Carrolton, how much time will you be spending there? Or will you literally be all over the metroplex? If so, something more central like Bedford or certain areas of Arlington might suit you better than far Fort Worth.

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, work out in TX isn't gonna happen. Two big huge jobs fell through.. FRIGGIN' pissed.. Don't know what is gonna happen now. All I know is I am sunk out here in Calimexico..

Gotta figure something out.. Thanks for all the help bros.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts