Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, someone please remind me why I want to keep my Bronco. I am trying to convince myself not to sell it, but the the harder I try the more reasons she gives me to sell her.

I've had this truck for about 7 years. She's always been reliable and trustworthy, until recently. Aside from the ~9-10mpg that kills my wallet weekly, all of these things have happened within like the last month and a half.

the trans has been acting up and I can't seem to figure that out (changed filter, new VSS and MLPS), the tailgate is worthless (3/4 of the access panel on the inside is gone), the rear window regulator broke a few weeks ago, both rear quarters are starting to disappear, passenger side door lock is broken (the outside where the key goes in) the drivers side lock keeps getting stuck (outside again), My suspicion is that the steering box is on its way out (I can turn the wheel a few inches either way before the tires will turn), some a**hole hit me a few weeks ago and twisted my rear bumper, I can start the truck on and take the key out of the ignition with it running (that doesn't really bother me but thought i'd throw it in).

That sums up most of it. Theres not too many positives there.

What do you guys think? What would you do if you were (or are) in my position?? :cry

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
ill tell ya what works for me, just cruise into a dealership and price a new truck! youll fall in love with the ol bronc again!
:rofl:

Well, if you have another car, you could stop driving the bronco and start doing some restorative work on her for a while. Other than that, its all I can say about that. I love my FSB, although it needs some work, Im a keep it as long as gas doesn't get to expensive to feed her weekly...:cry

·
Harmful if swallowed
2,115 Posts
I'll throw mine in as well, it sometimes helps with these things

It's not without problems though. It's been sitting since the first week in October because the driveshaft wanted to take a vacation at 70 mph on the freeway. I finally got the t-case put back together today.These older trucks are a adventure to keep alive. You don't want to stop in the middle of the hike :D

(and a decent daily driver helps!)

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
I'll throw mine in as well, it sometimes helps with these things

It's not without problems though. It's been sitting since the first week in October because the driveshaft wanted to take a vacation at 70 mph on the freeway. I finally got the t-case put back together today.These older trucks are a adventure to keep alive. You don't want to stop in the middle of the hike :D

(and a decent daily driver helps!)
Nice paint man, I really dig that color. Good job :thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
what other ride holds a pizza box put sitting on the center counsel under the arms of the captains chairs? you can also get a fair share of booze in the counsel as well, couple of bottles of wine or fiths of jack... not that i know:beer. i do the same thing once a year, but every year i look and see nothing to replace it. almost went to the yota dealer to test a fj just last week:banghead. not sure how much longer i'll live with it, i have a feeling its gonna get real expensive for a dd in the next couple of years. that being said i'll drive it until i kill it or it kills me.:rockon

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
sometimes i curse you guys living out side the rust belt, but than i blame my self for not getting up the guts to move. besides my 96 looks sweet in rust inhibitor black one day i'll get some pics up

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Not to be a Dick, but if you need someone to give you a reason to keep it? sell the damn thing! let some that wants it enjoy it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
C-dub, very true! I do love that I can throw a 12pk in the console while a few pizzas are sitting comfortably on top of it!

Agily00, that truck is mint! sorry to hear about the driveshaft. That looks alot like my truck minus the rot, and the color. haha

I wish I had some pics so you guys could see what i'm working with. I mean its defly not a beater truck (it does occaisionally get some compliments), but it is my DD, and in NE that makes a tough life for a Bronco!

I was thinking about buying a sh*t box so I could get it off the road and fix it but, I think I might just take it off the road in the summer when I can ride the motorcycle and borrow my moms winter vehicle.

See you guys already have me thinking about fixing it, The Bronco is really a love hate relationship!!

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Help, someone please remind me why I want to keep my Bronco.
Because I'll beat your ass if you sell it. :muscle071

Aside from the technical problems which I'm sure are pretty easy to figure out, the rust just takes a few days of grinding, fiberglassing, and painting to make it look like new again.

I'd forgotten how easy it was to fiberglass and bondo... now I enjoy doing rust repair any chance I can get.

Besides, you'll never find another two door big SUV again, so why sell the one you've got now?

·
Registered
20 Posts
look i have a 1983 bronco that drink the hell out of the gas but i am not going to sell her just because she needs some work. if you dont want to work on her then sell her. and move on.here is my ole gal

[/IMG]

·
Registered
469 Posts
See you guys already have me thinking about fixing it, The Bronco is really a love hate relationship!!
we all hear you man, we all got the same truck! i say, do whatcha want with the truck but you wont find anything else like it. these broncos are pretty simple, built on a great platform (unlike the throwaway cars of today) get a beater and start working on your bronco. if you spend a few bucks (sheetmetal, parts, EVERYTHING for this truck is cheap- sounds like you need some things) here and there, and plenty of effort, youll have a nice truck by the time summer rolls along :beer

i had a beater while i worked on the bronco initially. when i came home from work or school i worked on the truck, it helped me relax. after 4 months of resurrecting it (sat for 10+ years) it was my daily and has been for the last 2 years.
Even today i had a rough freakin day at work, but driving the bronco home dropping the hammer a few times chilled me out. to each his own, but the ol truck works for me :thumbup

1 - 20 of 23 Posts