Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short i put an ad on ebay for firewood sales. made the ad large, figured nobody would buy 10 cords of hardwood for 1800.00 this late in the season, but put my number on there and said call me if you need a smaller amount. also said for local delivery only, anything more than 20 miles outside of me is 2.00 per mile.

so anywho, guy emails me wants all 10 cords delivered to boston heights, about 125 miles from me. i've got a 350 flat bed with some serious springs on it, but nothin that'll come close to holding 10 cords. we're talkin' 30k pounds of material goin 125 miles. suggestions?

besides renting a big rig or a uhaul (biggest uhaul holds 8k, not big enough)

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
find someone closer that has 10 cords for sale, offer them 1500 delivered and pocket the 300

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
:stupid That's what I was thinking. So what if it takes two, three, or four trips? Get the F-350 and a trailer (rent, build, whatever), and you're still ahead. Yeah, the $2.00/mile won't cover gas, but that's the cost of doing business, IMHO.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Shit, in College we sold 3/4 a cord of wood delivered and stacked for $70. you are getting $180, damn must be nice.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no fellas, he won't pay for multiple trips. its 2.00 per mile one way one trip 10 cords. i wouldnt trust my truck moving anywhere near 10 cords. i've got access to a big tandem axle dump but even that isn't big enough.

either i'm going to be stuck making multiple trips, or i'm gonna have to pass on the deal.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Look at it this way. Say you'd sold the 10 cords one at a time, each to a person 20 miles away. That'd be 400 miles of delivery that you'd do for free. He's asking for 500 miles, and paying you $500(250? one way are you crazy?) for that.

·
Registered
641 Posts
You could probably have a trucking company do it for under a grand. I had to have a load of rubber pavers shipped from Florence, Ky. (Cincinnati) to the south side of Indianapolis and that was going to cost $900 (approx. 130 miles).

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
no fellas, he won't pay for multiple trips. its 2.00 per mile one way one trip 10 cords. i wouldnt trust my truck moving anywhere near 10 cords. i've got access to a big tandem axle dump but even that isn't big enough.

either i'm going to be stuck making multiple trips, or i'm gonna have to pass on the deal.
What is so wrong with making a few trips? If you're getting $2050 for everything even 4 trips you will still clear a decent profit.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Yeah, but thats if he will let me deliver it in 4 trips. if he wants it all at one time i'm screwed.
If he is that much of an ass then tell him to screw off. I don't know what he is doing with it, but I doubt he will be using it faster then you can deliver....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts