Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rounding that time when I am going to start body work on the 78' and I cannot decide on the color I want to go with so I wanted some opinions from some ol' timers and some younger guys as well. These are in no kind of order, just rolling off the top of my head. I pre apologize for using other guys pics, but hey.. Take it as a compliment.. :popc1:

I'm thinking either a nice clean white with white top.

Or a nice chocolate brown metalic to match the interior ( this way I don't have to repaint the inside)

Raven black ( will suck offroad and show every mark but black is black & black is beautiful)

a dark blue OE color two toned with white

Or a sexy deep maroon/red color

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like the dark blue oe color two toned with white. My wife walked by the computer and said she liked the chocolate brown with metalic.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Either the maroon/red or the chocolate brown. If you do the brown, I think that the center section (just below the chrome line) should be slightly darker of a brown.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
looks like idahobronco's bko.

I love the maroon and I love the brown. Either way will look good.

If I were to paint one, I'd go with the maroon

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm torn myself between the Maroon and the Choc brown..

Dad says brown ( he's 58) Gf says black ( she's 24)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I shoulda made this a pole, but it was late last night ( to me) and didnt put two in two toGayther.

Thanks for the input, all

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,170 Posts
Does your particular bronco have all the trim, or just the main one half way up, or none, cuase I think tht would make a bit of a differance

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's my "turd" as the gf calls it.
I've got some new 15x8 wheels mounted with some 35's but I will slap them on after I wear these down a bit more and get it painted.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I vote for the maroon.
The color you choose depends on the interior color though,
they should complement each other.

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
When I get the bodywork finished on my bronc, I'm going with a newer ford color, "liquid grey". I had a focus with the same color and really liked it. Didn't show dirt easily, and had a bit of metallic in it as well. That and a black top, with black bumpers and fender flares, black wheels and the rocker panels done in a black bedliner of some kind. For reference, the color is this:

·
Registered
42 Posts
secondechomatt your idea would look so bad ass! I was thinking a dark gray/silver and black combo. Other than that my vote is for all black or the white/blue two tone. My black shows too many scratches though:(

1 - 20 of 46 Posts