Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired two 35x14x15 Hercules tires that look like they have <1000 miles on them ( a little rock rash, but nothing serious ) for free, but I noticed they look a little small next to my buddies 35" super swampers.

So I pulled out the measuring tape and it looks like they're about 33" (off the wheels) compared to the swampers at just under 35" (also off wheels).

Any suggestions on getting another 2 tires to run with the Hercules? Obviously I'd like to get the actual diameter as close as possible for 4x4, but Hercules doesn't make that tire anymore and I'm having a hard time finding another 35 that runs that small.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sometimes getting something for free can be a burden. I have a pair brand new Parneli Jones M/T tires in 38s that I can't even sell for $75 each, since they've been discontinued & can't find 2 more.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes getting something for free can be a burden. I have a pair brand new Parneli Jones M/T tires in 38s that I can't even sell for $75 each, since they've been discontinued & can't find 2 more.
Yup, finding that out the hard way.

What do they say on the side wall for size?
They say Hercules Trail Digger - 35x14.5x15.

Actual measurements are more like 32.3x12.5x15.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hercules has the traildigger that in a 33x1250-15 that specs out to be 32.5" tall and 12.8" wide (from the mfg) That gets you a little closer.

Here's what they look like

·
Registered
224 Posts
You could go with some NITTO MUD GRAPPLERS. But i would sell those and go get 4 matching tires.
He could go with basically anything that's a matching set, but that's not the point. he's trying to match up 2 tires to the current 2 tires he already has. If he can match them up (or come close to it) he'll only be spending $400ish on tires instead of $800+

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I posted this over on pirate and got a few leads. Thornbird 33s are actually right on diameter wise, but at 300/per+shipping I might as well get the HMMWV tires I've been looking at.

I've got some well worn 35" super swamper TSLs that I'll probably end up running for the time being while I save up for a whole new set of something better, and try and sell the Hercules...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts