Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing camo fab visors and the dam things keep falling down. Has anyone comeup with a good solution for the shitty visors.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
bigsal51 said:
Just finished installing camo fab visors and the dam things keep falling down. Has anyone comeup with a good solution for the shitty visors.
Get a set of new(er -ish) visors and the clip that holds up the non-hinge side.

Try the junkyard, LMC, or National Parts Depot.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
duct tape?
if you want you can even use camo duct tape

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Ironclad said:
Get a set of new(er -ish) visors and the clip that holds up the non-hinge side.

Try the junkyard, LMC, or National Parts Depot.
Ain't that F#@&ing amazing Ironclad ?

The old 67-79 PUs had center support clips for visors and so do the newest models, but all of us with 80-96s have to suffer. Some [email protected]#8ing bean counter's decision no doubt !

Big Al

I went to an overhead shelf from Steelhorse and that totally negated the need for visors at all. Granted I'm a tall freak but it worked for me.

Sounds like you added too much weight to the visors and overcame their strength limits.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The "newer sun visors" are from 1987-1997(old body style).They screw right into place on on the 1980-1986's.When I put them into my 1984,I placed a 1/4" piece plywood(1"x1")between the headliner and the roof where the sunvisor clip went and held it in place with the clip screw.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
bronco1 said:
The "newer sun visors" are from 1987-1997(old body style).They screw right into place on on the 1980-1986's.When I put them into my 1984,I placed a 1/4" piece plywood(1"x1")between the headliner and the roof where the sunvisor clip went and held it in place with the clip screw.
That's great news !

Thanks bronco1 and Steve83

Sixlitre

1 - 7 of 7 Posts