Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to find an online source for my brake parts, im looking for everything that connects from the caliper to the abs module on a 93 EB driver side. apparently no one in maryland has them and i cant really find part numbers

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm assuming yours rusted out? I have had that happen on my 94 and 95 and just bent up new ones using the old ones as patterns. It's not as hard as it sounds. The trick is that these early to mid 90's Fords had different style brake fittings on each end of the line. :banghead It's the standard double fold inverted flare at the junction to the flex hose, but the protruding bubble flare at the ABS module. Simple solution is an adapter that you can find in the brake parts box at NAPA. The Zone and Advance carry them too, but good luck finding them in stock or anything. Take the old brake line with you, because the 2 ports on the ABS module that go to the front brakes separately are different sizes from the one rear port. And my STRONG advice is to just do all the lines at the same time. They all rust out in generally the same area because they are all clipped down to a flat spot in the engine bay right behind the ABS module where crap builds up and rots them out. If one is shot, the others are right behind it. I've got it down to about a one day job having done it twice now. Both times they failed while driving :eek: and gave me a real good butt clenching. I am now an expert at driving using the emergency brake only with my left foot while holding the release handle to modulate them! Hope that helps and feel free to ask me any questions about the job since I have done it twice now. Be sure to measure the length of the old lines so you get replacement lines as close to the right length as possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts