Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing this 95 xlt 5.8 AT 200k miles. Listed at $3,500. The owner tells me 1st gear is gone so a transmission rebuild would be needed. Also, the transfer case is leaving but works. There is surface rust here and there and underneath as well but nothing rotting. I would like to eventually get it to nice condition where its a daily driver.I've had a few Broncos in the past but usually in better condition so I'm not so confident in this. I can do most small work needed. Like steering, brakes, cooling, etc but would need to pay for the major work. I was thinking of offering $2,500. Feedback would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
25,810 Posts
Yo Abraham,
$2500.00

Cash is King!!!
When Richard Rawling, star of TV show Fast N' Loud was growing up in Fort Worth, Texas, his dad, Raymond Rawlings always had a car or a motorcycle lying around. “It wasn’t the nicest or the best, but it was his,” the younger Rawlings says. Ray wasn’t much of a mechanic, more of a detailer and a tinkerer. On weekends, the guys in the neighborhood would come over, mess around with whatever car Ray had at the time and drink beer in the garage.

One of those guys who came around also taught Rawlings a lesson about negotiating that he still carries with him: “I was around 13. He said, ‘Son, you could buy a $10,000 car all day long for five grand if you have it in your pocket. Always carry cash.”

Our Navy Federal Credit Union suggests using https://www.nadaguides.com for finding the "value" of a vehicle.

Order a CARFAX™. Although not all accident info is provided, other important info may be shown @ https://www.carfax.com

VINCheck® by National Insurance Crime Bureau is a free service provided to the public to assist in determining if a"... vehicle has been reported as stolen, but not recovered, or has been reported as a salvage vehicle by cooperating NICB member insurance companies. To perform a search, a vehicle identification number (VIN) is required. A maximum of five searches can be conducted within a 24-hour period per IP address." @ VINCheck® | National Insurance Crime Bureau

Al

Reactions: BroncMom

·
Registered
470 Posts
Does it have the cargo cover?

·
Registered
432 Posts
this is the gulf south? Looks like one I saw for sale while I was looking a couple of weeks ago. I'd stick to around $2500 tops since you can't really test the engine with the trans out like that. and that interior needs some serious work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone.

No this is in Arizona. No it doesn't have the cargo cover. After thinking about it some more, I offered him 2k and he declined and no counter. I think 2200 will be my final offer. Since the new Broncos came out I've noticed a rise in prices here. I think 1500 would have been realistic before that woodguy.

·
Registered
89 Bronco XLT 4spd with OD 5.8L 351 4x4. Stock
44 Posts
I bought mine in Arizona, no major mechanical issues, interior could use some help. I got it for $2250

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice for that price.
I offered $2,200 and he said he'll consider it but not accepting just yet. I'll just move on and look for something else.

·
Registered
94 Eddie Bauer Bronco, 5.8l , E4OD , electric shift, warn manual locking hubs. BFG 31/150s
8 Posts
I'm probably too old and out of touch with reality, but $1500 would be my top offer. I'd start at $1000.
My sentiments exactly. I bought a 94 eddie bauer in North Alabama in alot better condition body and interior wise plus new tires, exhaust for $2000.

·
Registered
432 Posts
that last line makes this sound like bait.

I bought my 82 in New Mexico, I was looking at Arizona and NM trucks before I bought my 86 locally, they're alot nicer condition, less rust, and alot cheaper over there than here. But at the expense of a couple days, a few hundred in gas, plus trailer rental for the trip, and the possibility of not buying and just wasting all that with a drive back, I opted to pay more and buy local.

both of mine were 4500/ea. the '82 is rust free, was drive-able, with a 460 swap, 6" lift, 38" tires, everything worked. The 86 has a fact-o-bake paint job, rust under the paint, none of the windows worked, a host of other issues, a 331 instead of the 351W it should have had, stock height.

·
Registered
89 Bronco XLT 4spd with OD 5.8L 351 4x4. Stock
44 Posts
Yeah. I’m a chick and I love my bronco, so not sure what’s she getting at there. I bought mine locally too. when I bought my truck I took a chance and drove 45 minutes home. Never had an issue until now. That’s a different story though haha.

mine had 18 year old tires but that was the only thing I’ve put major money into so far

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah. I’m a chick and I love my bronco, so not sure what’s she getting at there. I bought mine locally too. when I bought my truck I took a chance and drove 45 minutes home. Never had an issue until now. That’s a different story though haha.

mine had 18 year old tires but that was the only thing I’ve put major money into so far
the liquor store I visit too much one of the employees had a bricknose bronco. so one day I pull up, there's the bricknose and some little cutesy fiesta. So I go in, and only two employees there, the manager guy, vet, beard, not a huge guy, but, a guy. and the young woman who runs the register and stocks the shelves, maybe 95lbs, cute, always wearing flowing dresses w/ floral patterns and stuff. Yeah, by this point you've figured it out, I asked the guy about his truck, and it wasn't his. The guy drove the little pastel green fiesta, and the young lady drove this 30 year old Bronco. Completely opposite of what I'd expected

Reactions: Rpatt2612

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright, im more convinced to stay away from it. I should get something a little better even for a little more money. Im really looking for a 94-96, in my experience they have an all around better drive. There's a 91 i took the time to look at a few months back. It was in pretty good shape and the guy had tons of receipts including engine rebuild. But when i drove it, i was disappointed. No power or acceleration at all. I decided to pass. Im going to keep looking and look in the $4k range.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,978 Posts
the liquor store I visit too much one of the employees had a bricknose bronco. so one day I pull up, there's the bricknose and some little cutesy fiesta. So I go in, and only two employees there, the manager guy, vet, beard, not a huge guy, but, a guy. and the young woman who runs the register and stocks the shelves, maybe 95lbs, cute, always wearing flowing dresses w/ floral patterns and stuff. Yeah, by this point you've figured it out, I asked the guy about his truck, and it wasn't his. The guy drove the little pastel green fiesta, and the young lady drove this 30 year old Bronco. Completely opposite of what I'd expected
And that's why mines getting painted purple n white... Besides the "hey OJ" comments, tired of soooo many people saying "your hubby has an awesome truck" even when he's not with me 😒

·
Super Moderator
25,810 Posts
Yo Abraham,
Do both ads show same sellers address, name, phone number?
If not, Tucson Police Department Financial Crimes may be interested.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts