Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yes the truck will move under its own power without a drive shaft... you have to have one drive shaft to drive... doesn’t matter front or rear.

·
Registered
1994 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well, the deal is off. I had just left my house to go meet and they text me saying someone offered them more and if I would match. Its the oldest trick in the book. Of course I said no and turned around and went home.

The search continues...

·
Registered
726 Posts
Well, the deal is off. I had just left my house to go meet and they text me saying someone offered them more and if I would match. Its the oldest trick in the book. Of course I said no and turned around and went home.

The search continues...
If they call back saying that they still have it and ask if you’re still interested, offer $1000 less, and be firm at 500 less saying you had to cancel a tow truck, and now have to rehire the tow truck (two tows at 250/ tow) and 500 for your lost time. If they accept the counter offer, great, if not you will find a better deal elsewhere.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
@slimpartywagon Our original deal was $600. They tried to get $800 which is still good for a running eddie bauer with zero rust but I just don't like dealing with people like that, its the principle that bothered me. It looks like they sold it now, which is good for them, no hard feelings just moving on.

I'm supposed to see a white 96 today with 200k miles, 5.8 xlt. The guy said he'll let me know when he's available, we will see.

·
Registered
432 Posts
you can remove the front shaft and drive it like normal, just no 4WD.

I have towed 2 broncos. first one was a 900 mile trip with a 2009 F-150 and a flatbed car hauler that weighed 3k lbs. bronco was lifted, with a 460 in it, and I had 4 38x15.5" tires in the bed of the 150. It towed it just fine. was probably close to a 9500lb-10klb tow.

second tow was a stock bronco behind a 250. could barely tell it was there.

·
Registered
726 Posts
@slimpartywagon Our original deal was $600. They tried to get $800 which is still good for a running eddie bauer with zero rust but I just don't like dealing with people like that, its the principle that bothered me. It looks like they sold it now, which is good for them, no hard feelings just moving on.

I'm supposed to see a white 96 today with 200k miles, 5.8 xlt. The guy said he'll let me know when he's available, we will see.
That’s awesome.... sounds like the 96 is a better deal any way... first seller sounds like a JA...

·
Registered
'96 XLT, 5.0, E4OD, Electric 4X4, Automatic Hubs
286 Posts
Good luck with your hunt @Abraham.

My Son and I found a 5.0 96 XLT with 140K miles for his first car back in May. It was $3500. It was mostly rust free, needed paint and the interior was pretty rough but otherwise all around good shape. We have been working for the last 4 months and it’s been a lot of fun. Hoping to have it mostly wrapped up in the next few weeks. Look forward to seeing what you find!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I wouldn't totally write that one off....its a nice rust free shell (but the seats are roached)
With 200k miles on the odo, If you wanted to make a nice daily driver out of it I would replace the entire engine / trans & T-case
That motor cant have much more left in it
So I'd only pay $1,000 TOPS for it
The trick would lie in getting a nice engine/trans/T-case on the cheap

But seeing that the joker is asking $3,500 I'm guessing he thinks he's sitting on top of a pile of gold

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
@para

Yeah I've moved on from that one. He actually increased the price to $4,500 for a week and now $6,500.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Update: I went to go see the 96 I told you guys about and it was a bad ass truck except it had rust on rear wheels and tailgate. I had asked him previously so was kind of annoyed i drove 45 min. He said, I told you the frame was rust free. I just looked at him and said okay but thanks for your time anyway and went home. Ill keep looking.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Finally purchased, its a 93 xlt 5.0. I had seen this bronco a few weeks back but the owner was asking a little too much. I got am alert that he dropped the price and I made an offer and we got it done. It starts but says it needs a fuel pump. Its rust free and the interior is decent. The paint has some chips but is overall straight body. Ill have better pictures another day, these are from the post.

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
"I'm a cute chick"???? What does that have to do with anything? Besides, the truck in the ad is a bullnose and the one you are looking at is a '95 aeronose. Something very fishy here. BTW BroncMom, our '83 served as my petite wife's DD for a number of years. She loved it because it made here feel large and in charge.:) I even bought her a new Acura and she would drive the Bronco instead. She would have loved the '95 that I've got now. FSB, a woman's car!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts