Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a response by tomorrow night so I can impress my boss...

He has a combination Sami/something/Maybe a toyo thingy in the yard at work and it has a bad tranny linkage and ds... where can I get these asap... I'm not really sure what it is... it has a CABLE actuated manual tranny with a divorced tc and straight axes... width is almost perfect on a sami body... leaf sprung all around... steering is the same type as a 78/79 Bronco

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think it's a Toyota L-43 4x4 Chassis with a 20R and 8 inch axles.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
That's about the most vague question I think I've ever read. I don't know how a Suzuki's drivetrain is laid out, but a toyota doesn't have a cable-actuated shift linkage, nor does it have a divorced Tcase. Your boss is on his own, for the parts he needs.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
Sorry bud, I'm lost on your question alone, maybe if you can explain it a little better.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok...

We have a truck in the yard at work. My boss has no idea wtf he just bought. The guy that sold it to him said something about he dropped the Sami on another chassis... The axles are 8 inch toyos... the rest looks factory but the transmission confuses me. So, what vehicle has the parts I'm describing?

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,618 Posts
If its stock drivetrain, then its the tiniest trans you ever seen, weighs about 50lbs full of oil, and the clutch is cable-actuated. It exits the firewall and goes in a big loop around the engine till it gets to the clutch. When the clutch cable starts to go bad it creaks like a mofo. All samurais are divorced tcase so its probably a stock drivetrain with swapped in toyota axles, which is a very popular mod.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Have your boss ask, I don't want you getting credit for something I answered that's plagiarism.:goodfinge

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok... found out everything... Sami on Toyo axles.. he was impressed... :D

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,525 Posts
Should have told him you only work on purebreds, not bastard mongoloids! :goodfinge

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
4xPepe` said:
Should have told him you only work on purebreds, not bastard mongoloids! :goodfinge
It's soo much more fun to tell him how superior Fords are to his ride... "See now, if THIS was a FORD then..."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts