Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
351W

Hello, all my vacuum hoses (the color coded, thin, brittle ones) turned to dust on me..Anyone have these or know of a solution?

Thanks,

Tortuga

·
Administrator
22,850 Posts
I know autozone carries them...IIRC its 5/16 vacuum line..they keep it behind the counter...just buy about 10ft and replace one at a time.

·
Cleaning the trails
933 Posts
If you insist on the plastic, go to Napa and have them show you the line they use for oil and air pressure lines. Usually 1/8, 1/4 and 3/8 in size.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I know autozone carries them...IIRC its 5/16 vacuum line..they keep it behind the counter...just buy about 10ft and replace one at a time.
3/16 actually, like a brake line. That, or 1/4 for the bigger stuff, but 5/16 is the tranny cooling lines size which is way too huge. 1/8 may work, but I'm not too sure. What I did with my Lincoln (302 SEFI, systems very similar to truck 302s and 351s) was pulling the plastic lines off their rubber ends, and sliding said rubber ends onto new clear 3/16 plastic tubing (can be had at most parts store, sold by the foot usually) - turned out pretty nice, looks near stock too, pics here:
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/10924/32754

·
Administrator
22,850 Posts
3/16 actually, like a brake line. That, or 1/4 for the bigger stuff, but 5/16 is the tranny cooling lines size which is way too huge. 1/8 may work, but I'm not too sure. What I did with my Lincoln (302 SEFI, systems very similar to truck 302s and 351s) was pulling the plastic lines off their rubber ends, and sliding said rubber ends onto new clear 3/16 plastic tubing (can be had at most parts store, sold by the foot usually) - turned out pretty nice, looks near stock too, pics here:
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/10924/32754
I think he mean 5/32
hell just buy the smallest vacuum line they have...I dont remember the size....:doh0715:

·
Side step it
1,584 Posts
hell just buy the smallest vacuum line they have...I dont remember the size....:doh0715:
When I worked at Ford my tech's would keep a piece of the plastic line (about an inch) & put it in the stock rubber elbow & replace the middle piece with rubber hose, however long they needed. If you need the 90 or 45 deg. elbows or straight rubber ends, most dealership parts dept's have a supplier who stocks the replacement elbows for them (large on one end for the plastic hose & small for plastic line on the other). We had a company called "Kar Products" do ours, but i'm sure a local autoparts store carries them too. We also carried the hard plastic aftermarket line. Just ask them to match up the hard plastic line to fit their rubber elbows! The rubber hose just worked easier for the tech's so they could route it around in the engine compartment behind the actuator motors & things. I think the size is 1/8th or windshield washer hose size which I think is 5/32ths. Who cares make them look it up for you:twotu: -Kevin-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts