Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've come to the conclusion i need something to contain my straps and towing gear,

stuff i have:
  • draw bars (2)
  • reciever mounted hook
  • a couple hitch pins and keepers
  • loop end strap
  • hook end strap
  • jumper cables
  • wheel chocks
  • prolly will think of more

so what do y'all think will work for cheap, has to be removable by one person, take up a minimum of space. the duffle bag i was going to use is way too huge and they never tend to be that strong. i thought about a rubermaid bucket/locker but would like something that will more or less conform to take up less space

·
a renegade of funk
3,241 Posts
i use a little tool box that i bought from a guy i used to work with,
i was able to keep my strap in there and hooks. plus wrenches and atf/oil. and other types of chit, i hung my jumpers form the old gun rack

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I used the rubbermaid conrtainer for a couple of years and got tired of losing the space when I go camping so I built my bumper......which...I just happen to be selling.:toothless

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the rubbermaid conrtainer for a couple of years and got tired of losing the space when I go camping so I built my bumper......which...I just happen to be selling.:toothless
<<--- poor college student

i think you skimmed over where i stipulated cheap:toothless
also i wanna keep my truck more or less stock looking for a while

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Someone is thinking about removing the panels in the back and making storage space. I was / am toying with that idea as well. 2x4s and plywood is cheap.

·
BurnedB's competition.
2,038 Posts
I had a couple milk crates in the back of my bronco. didn't help when my top was off though.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
your best bet might be ammo cans, they have them in various sizes. i have a few that are from 155ml rockets, and 50cal, and gernade boxxes, which fit under bench seats really well.

im gonna add a storage box under the back seat, seeing as i have a 3in body lift and my exhaust is above the frame so not gonna take that out.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Oh and lets not forget Sixlitres nifty idea of a storage compartment under the back seat and floor.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
i have a alum. diamond plated tool box from an S 10 that i picked up for $20 bucks, it fits perfectly inside the bronco, with the top on and tailgate shut. i wanted it to sit behind the drver/passenger seats but wouldnt fit because of the rear wheel wells,(i took my rear seat out long time ago) so it sits at the very rear of the bronco. i see alot of those plastic style tool boxes for pickups that fit across the bed in alot of junk yards, you might be able to get one fairly cheap.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i've come to the conclusion i need something to contain my straps and towing gear,

stuff i have:
  • draw bars (2)
  • reciever mounted hook
  • a couple hitch pins and keepers
  • loop end strap
  • hook end strap
  • jumper cables
  • wheel chocks
  • prolly will think of more

so what do y'all think will work for cheap, has to be removable by one person, take up a minimum of space. the duffle bag i was going to use is way too huge and they never tend to be that strong. i thought about a rubermaid bucket/locker but would like something that will more or less conform to take up less space
O got all mine in a rubbermaid behind my sub. I gotta get something to keep my tool set from sliding around though, other than that I have in my rubbermaind:

6ton jack
4quarts of oil
1 quart of risoline
1 court of ATF trans fluid
Prestone Antifreeze
Tow Rope
Jumper Cables
Screwdriver Set
7,500lb Hitch
Duct Tape
Tape Measure
Power Steering Fluid
Lugs
U-Joint

Next to all this I have a Crescent Tool Set with socket wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, etc (its a foldout set and wont lean well). Also have a toolbox with a bunji cords, a Titan knife with a 10blade mag. (frickin sick), Maglite Flashlight, batteries (DD, AAA), antifreeze tester, etc

Get the rubbermaid and throw a toolbox in. youl be good

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
I had a couple milk crates in the back of my bronco. didn't help when my top was off though.
won't hold liquid either.

i topped of my oil on trail, threw the old bottle half assedly back in the milk crate with the lid kind of on.

was pissed off when i found it upside down with no cap.

i kind of like my rubbermaid container because it will help hold my ignorance.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Someone is thinking about removing the panels in the back and making storage space. I was / am toying with that idea as well. 2x4s and plywood is cheap.
Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people were thinking/had thought of this but it is one of the things I'm planning. Not sure if you were talking about me though. :toothless

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I use a plastic footlocker

I'll post some pics later

·
Premium Member
860 Posts

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
pics, sorry for the crappy camera phone quality

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
Now i'm thinking about this too. I don't remember who did it, but there was a thread here about raising the floor or a false floor or something right behind the front seats to be flush with the cargo area....

I figure that I can make a box to fit there and cover it in similar carpet and viola! instant area for tools and straps and such!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts