Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was out wheeling this past weekend and blew my C-6 apart. I performed a "neutral drop" on accident. I was in reverse and spinning, so I tried to drop to drive, but instead only went to neutral. Then I hit the gas. I then realized I wasn't in "drive", so w/ the RPM's up I dropped it to drive, and heard a loud pop. I'm not sure what happened to it, but from what the shops here are charging I'll prolly be better off putting in a whole new/used C-6. I need the a C-6 w/ the big block bellhousing. If anyone has one please post the info on the tranny, price, and condition. Also I will need it shipped to Eads, TN 38028.

Thanks,
Tiny

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
well im not sure you want to pay shipping but i have a c-6 out of a 78 that was rebuilt less than 5K miles ago here in boise idaho that i would sell ya for 400 plus shipping but i havent a clue what shipping would run you to get it there.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I need, but I would need to know what shipping will be. Anyway you could check with some freight companies in your area?? If you can get me a total then I'll have a better idea as to what I'll have to spend.

Thanks,
Tiny

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
It may seem crazy to you but i can sell you an unknown condition one for $300 shipped. It was in a complete truck that i have and the previous owner said it was working. I however cannot verify. Just a thought.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$300 for unknown condition... that'll be a last resort. Thanks anyways.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
Like I said the previous owner said it was good. I cant verify it because its out of the truck. 100% complete. I could take it to a shop and have them look it over if need be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 79 big block C-6.It's from a 79 bronco.The trans was just rebuilt a month ago.It has a new torque converter and a shift kit was installed during the rebuild.The shift kit is for truck usage.I have the receipt.The trans hasn't been used since the rebuild.I bought it because I was going to put a 460 in my 1990 bronco, but because of cost I decided to purchase a remanufactured 302 instead.So now I need to sell the trans and the 460.The only thing is I'm in Michigan,Detroit area.I'm asking $850 OBO.
Eric

·
Registered
469 Posts
C-6

Hey Tiny,
I have a C-6 out of a 79 Lincoln with a 400 if thats of any use to you. We are taking the car for a spin this weekend and will prolly part it out. I will let you know the exact running condition of the tranny and let you know on Monday. If you want it and it shifts smooth and strong, I will sell it to you for 200.00 if you meet me in Nashville, 300.00 if I meet you half way....like Jackson, TN. Let me know if I can help you out. :thumbup

·
Registered
469 Posts
:brownbag

1 - 11 of 11 Posts