Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lived here for seven years. Still, my next door neighbor's dogs go ape shit when I walk out into my yard. Any noise whatsoever (a leaf rustling, a car, god forbid the meter reader) they are barking. There are four of them (samll yappy phuckers). We have another guy the next house over who has five dogs (also small and yappy) in his backyard who used to constantly bark. Me and the neighbor Im griping about now each called animal control on him until he was forced to keep the dogs inside or buy them shock collars. Now their freaking dogs have become just as bad. I dont want to get on bad terms with them but something has got to give. Ideas?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Try to talk to him and if that does not work buy a daisey bb gun

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Get one of those ultrasonic devices and hook it up to a microphone. They bark it goes off they run.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Call Animal control. People get pissed when their animals are outta control. It is their damned fault not the dogs. Let him be pissed if he is that much of an ass.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think Ill buy one of those. The woman that lives there is spaced out on valium all day and goes to bed early. She might not remember she has dogs sometimes. :duh The guy is a home repairman and has helped me out many times around my house, gives me fish and deer meat, a good old boy. I really dont want to ruin a good neighbor relationship.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I know when I Was in CA I called the police. they told me any time a dog barks non stop it was nusuanse. they would cite the owner after a while and if it continued they would get fined.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I know when I Was in CA I called the police. they told me any time a dog barks non stop it was nusuanse. they would cite the owner after a while and if it continued they would get fined.
Nice of the police to do that for you.

I hear in Cali you can even call the police if BK gets you order wrong.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I built a solid 6' cedar fence just my side of the neighbor's chain link fence. He was really pissed at first. Their dog barked at me all the time too. Now it can't see me and it has cut the barking down by about 95%. Expensive solution, but we are trying to sell the house and a barking dog next door doesn't really encourage potential buyers.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
If you and him teamed up to fight this shit in the past, just talk to him and tell him "remember that time....well now your that[/] guy!!"

If he felt that away about someone else, then he should understand....if he doesn't, then bring the heat! :enforce

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
If you and him teamed up to fight this shit in the past, just talk to him and tell him "remember that time....well now your that[/] guy!!"

If he felt that away about someone else, then he should understand....if he doesn't, then bring the heat! :enforce

:stupid

Just don't do anything to harm his dogs; if you did and he retaliated, you'd deserve it.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

This is a good point. It's also possible they it's when he isn't around. When my dog barks I bring him inside and scold him cause I don't like it and also don't want to be a bad neighbor with an annoying dog (although he isn't "yappy"). But I'm pretty sure my lady lets him out and forgets about him while he sits outside and barks at anything that walks past. He's a hound dog. It's in his nature. I've had him on a bark collar but he only notices it when he isn't focused on something else so it only worked to stop him from barking because he was alone/in his kennel. That ultrasonic thing you put in your yard looks interesting though...30 day money back guarantee I might give that a try...

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,147 Posts
YaY Blaze! :thumbup

Boo doggy hatin' ass-hat neighbors! :goodfinge

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
I have same situation....yappy neighbor dog...barks if I move. I have the owner trained now - it took about 8 months. I smoked him out. :toothless

I went and bought a home smoker grill from Wal-mart last spring. Winds here in town are almost always from my house to his. Yappy dog on my case automatically deserved and got the smoker. I'd move the smoker anyplace on my property to assure that as it drafted the smoke went to and into his house.

First 3 times I fired that thing up...I got a town cop drive-by...because it is illegal to open burn in town - but cooking in a closed grill is another matter. Me and the town cop are on good terms anyways and once he saw all I was doing was cooking....no big. Who knows who called.

Now it took awhile...but he did get the hint. I got smoked chicken, pork, (or just practice :thumbup ect) and he got the smoke.

Now that dog only comes out to do it's business in their yard and back inside it goes. I did have to give him a "reminder" during the NFL wildcard weekend...but that has been it really. I found this to be a nice, non-violent, non-confrontational, no authorities, solution.

Of course I don't know if this will work for you...sorry. I am interested in that ultrasonic box...if I ever need it again.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts