Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i installed my Neutral Safety Switch and evrything is on good but now when i try to start it up the starter wont turn over and it when i put the key in its kinda loose and dosnt want to start.

·
Registered
710 Posts
do you mean the key doesn't want to turn, or the key turns fine and the starter doesn't turn over?

Do you hear the solenoid clicking? if no solenoid click then that may be the problem, however don't replace it until you know for sure...

when you turn the key on does the truck turn "on"... radio, lights, gauges stuff like that?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i insert the key and turn it, it seems loose and dosnt want to fire, all the lights and evrythign come on before i replaced the safety switch it wouldnt fire but was wanting to turn over and the starter was clicking but now the starter dosnt want to turn over and wont click.

·
Registered
710 Posts
sounds like one of a few things... the older trucks had a rod that went from your key down to another switch that actually starts the truck... I'm not familiar with that so i can't offer advice on it...

It sounds like you've got either a bad ground, wire, solenoid, starter

you can jump your solenoid, that will tell you if your starter is bad or not.

check those things I mentioned out, it's gotta be one or more of those...

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Not sure how your NSSW is set up, but I know that on the C6 switch you have to align the switch before you tighten everything down. This is done by inserting a small drill bit in the alignment hole on the switch housing, while holding the drill inplace, rotate the switch housing back and forth until you feel the drill bit "click" into place. Tighten switch housing bolts and check switch operation, vehicle should only start in "P" or "N".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts