Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a place to buy a quality neutral safety switch with the back up light pigtail for a C6? I've exhausted the threads here and found only a couple with just the NSS and no backup light socket. I even ordered one online and of course it was the wrong one.
I did the troubleshooting and found the NSS to be at fault. I took the switch down and found that the part of the switch that the shifter linkage attaches to is totally wore out.
I've got a temporary spring return start switch inslalled right now that jumps hot (only when the start switch is in the ON position) to the relay S terminal but I don't want to leave it there long.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Glayd

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally found the right one. If your NSS has six wires coming from it then this is the one you need. If it only has four wires then you can use the NSS that everyone lists.
Hope this helps someone else - took me forever to find it.

Glayd

Available from Carparts.com
MotorCraft Brand

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally found the right one. If your NSS has six wires coming from it then this is the one you need. If it only has four wires then you can use the NSS that everyone lists.

Glayd

MotorCraft Brand
Hi - i just stumbled across your post, and it turns out I need a 6 prong NSS. I can't find it on Carparts.com!
This sucks, very difficult to find!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Glayd

MotorCraft Brand
You don't happen to know the exact part number from motorcraft do you?
thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts