Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 FSB Eddie Bauer - for the life of me i can't find a 6 prong neutral safety switch that fits! any ideas on where to find one? or how to bypass?
I'm a newbie, not a techie. As of now i'm jumping it from the solenoid.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
327 Posts
I would try a local junkyard or rockauto?

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,536 Posts
As far as I know, no one makes the 6 wire anymore. The 'start' circuit, aka the circuit that tells you that you're in N or P, should be the two Red/Lt. Blue wires. You could run them to a switch and use it as a cheap antitheft device or simply tie them together, just remember that you'll be able to start it in gear once it's bypassed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. i've been reluctant to bypass it for now, but I might have to. rock auto doesn't have any listed and i'm S.O.L. with local yards. I'll keep pluggin away looking for now.

·
Super Moderator
25,001 Posts
Yo mlagan,

As advised by twofortyz,
Call a yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @: Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts