Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up a nail or something today on my way to pick my mom up from work. i thought i heard a rock in my tire and then the noise quit so i assumed it was just a rock. i got out to open the door for my mom and put her stuff in the back, and she asked if that was my brakes hissing (it rained today and i pulled through and parked in a puddle). i said they shouldn't be and promptly noticed a nail looking object in my tire:banghead

so i moved the truck to a more suitable tire changing location and had it swapped in 10 minutes:rockon thanks to my HF farm jack and 4 way:toothless

my spare is a bald 33" TSL i picked up from troy2d23 (thanks again bud)
holy hell is that tire a loud hunk of rubber:shocked also found that even though it's bald it is bigger than my year old AT:rofl:
i never thought a bald tire could be that loud:smilie_slap

but i got my tire patched at sears for $0.00:thumbup and now it's all quiet

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Yea my TSLs are pretty loud. Even more so, b/c i have no carpet.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I liked my thornbirds... But I agree they are LOUD

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
so it's an internet myth? just like TTB sucks and so do unit bearings?
Sorta. They're not on the same level off-road as boggers, but at the same time, they're not going to ride like a Michelin on-road. They were not designed to be a replacement for either. For what they are, I was pleased by their performance.

My suspicion is that a only few of us have tried them personally, whereas many more people have read reviews that weren't favorable, so everyone goes around giving an opinion on tires they've never owned themselves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts