Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed new(used, 200miles) 33x12.5 on american racing bajas on stock suspension and gearing. I ordered rancho 9000 shocks, I have the quad shocks so it was 6 shocks to order. FYI sears is having a promo if you buy the shocks thru them you get free install. I orig wanted the 9000s but was going to get bilsteins due to about $30 a pc cost dif. went into sears saw the promo thought it was good, also after reading paperwork, please correct me if i am wrong, the 2 rear and the 2 front rear 9000s are for 0-4 in of lift. Since I would only have to replace 2 of the 6 9000s when I get to the lift, 4in is what i intend to go with anyhow, this was great! I picked up the wheels and tires from ebay for $405 the tires are futura dakota rvt, they are from pep boys. I have talked to a few guys who run these tires and received goo feedback, anyone here run them. I had BFG ATs 31x10.5, there is a great difference in road noise and handling due to the slightly less aggresive tread. I am wondering how they may handle off road and if they hold up to there 50,000mi claim. I am looking into regearing thinking of 4.11, but with these tires which by the way I love the 33s!, I am thinking poss 4.56..any input would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
I actually run a set of 31" Dakota RVT's. I have had them on for only about 5-6,000 miles and i see very little wear. Almost no road noise and they are a great all terrain tire. As for the 50k mile claim, i guess ill have to wait and see, but great tire so far.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
3.73 would be enough gear for a 33" tire, 3.55 isnt that bad. 2000 rpm at 70 is nice on the highway. Were you trying to say the BFG mall terrains are loud?!?! Mine are almost too quiet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts