Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Ford Bronco 5.8
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey FSB,
Just Incase it doesn’t show-95 EFI 351 stock minus headers.
Anyways, it’s a reman long block and I’m curious if there would be any I’ll effects with the “sixlitre” tune from the get go?
I know there is a break in period-just want to know if starting with this tune is a bad thing?
thank you,
Cody

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
no issues at all doing that. These engines are Rollers so there is really no break in other than seating the rings. Basically everyone I talked to said drop it in, fire it up and drive it like you stole it. Its the best way to seat everything. I have used nothing but Mobile 1 since day 1 along with the sixlitr tune.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,470 Posts
Agreed with everything above.

Make sure to follow my timing tech thread in my signature for first fire up.

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 304K miles
1,379 Posts
The only thing here about the Six Liter Tune is that it is IDEAL for a 5.0L engine but for the 5.8L engine the timing might need to be a little less than what is called for. The rest of the Six Liter Tune is the same for both. Listen for any pinging if you add the extra timing and either retard it slightly or add higher octane fuel to utilize the extra timing for the 5.8L.

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
The only thing here about the Six Liter Tune is that it is IDEAL for a 5.0L engine but for the 5.8L engine the timing might need to be a little less than what is called for. The rest of the Six Liter Tune is the same for both. Listen for any pinging if you add the extra timing and either retard it slightly or add higher octane fuel to utilize the extra timing for the 5.8L.
you took the words right out of my mouth. or off my fingers? anyway, what this guy ^^^ said!

·
Registered
95 Ford Bronco 5.8
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that’s what I was reading about it. Just going to start at 10 and advance it little by little. Is it recommended to advance as much as possible until just before It pings? Is that how you get the most out of the tune?

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,470 Posts
I time these all the time. 12 degrees BTDC is perfect for either 5.0 or 5.8. I will agree that 13 BTDC with 5.8 can be a little much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts