Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new here obviously, but i used to have a mazda b3000. needless to say i hit a steel gurder at 55 mph and totaled, but i came across a 95 bronco with 89000 miles, in mint condition for $5,400. now ive got 33x12.50xr15s coming in and im on a tight budget so im doing a 3inch body just for a little lift. my question is what are some ideas to beef it up some in the future.

anything would be great, pics just to see what it looks like.

thanks

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Rockwells would be my first upgrade if I were you.

In all seriousness, what are your plans for the rig.

Do you mostly drive it in the road, or offroad often?
Can you afford for it to be down longer then a weekend while doing a solid axle swap
Do you ever tow anything with the BKO?
Are you concerned with mileage?
If you do offraod it much, what type of offroading (Rocks, Mud, exploration down logging roads, hunting vehicle)?

These vehicles can be setup so many different ways it is hard to give even a decent suggestion without some info. But some basics are as follows:

3g alternator
External trans filter/cooler is auto
Manual Hubs
Sixliter tune up

·
Registered
319 Posts
+1 on the hubs, even if the auto's are mint.

·
Super Moderator
26,988 Posts
yo,
GL with it!
With the 33x12.50xr15s on, you'll feel the need to re-program the Programmable Speedometer Odometer Module (PSOM)
(Speedo) to help it read more accurately as well as have the tranny shift better; I ASSume it is the E4OD?
Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/76023

soon in your profile, include your year, engine, trans, Xfer case & locking hub type (auto or manual) and any major mods such as body or suspension lift, etc. or in any question post. You'll get more accurate replies

Do you have any maintenance records on it? If not, contact a dealer to see what maint was done to it a Ford dealership in the past (need VIN)
or on-line dealer service record summaries (Ford is adding entries now), etc. at myford.fordvehicles.com

Also get the maint shcedules (reg and severe duty)

If no maint records are avail; check and replace, if needed all filters and fluids.
Esp if it is an Auto tranny; fluid level; when at norm op temp; after running thru all gears & reverse; no burnt toast or whitish (water) deposits on dip stick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts