Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was getting tired of my old box always getting in the way in the back of the bronco, soooo on wednesday i decided to make a new one that would take up allot less space. i started with some left over 3/4 inch plywood, i know all you car audio gurus are gonna say, you should have used MDF, but since im not entering any audio compititions nor do i wanna spend lots of money i chose simple plywood. so anyways i took measurements and started cutting, and pretty soon i had an almost complete box.

I ran out of plywood so on thursday night i went to The Home Depot and picked up some wood (that place is amazing, they are open 24 HOURS A DAY!!) so today i started on the box and a few hours later i was finsihed, well almost. i needed a way to cover the darn thing so i went to Jo-Ann's fabric store (the coolest place ever!) and got some felt like material to cover the box in, some foam padding, and some matching cloth so that the speaker grille would match the surrounding box and not stand out too much. Another reason i did this was so that when people looked in the truck they didnt see some big black box staring at them saying "please steal me". it has already happened twice and the theif(s) couldnt get the box to move 1 inch thank god. so i hope this box will blend a little more than the last.

oh and pictutres, i didnt take ANY!!! so leave the rest to your imagination!!!! hahahaha suckkers!

actually i did but my superford and SBC accounts are acting up and they wont let me upload so within 20 minutes i should have some

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh allright im gonna upload the rest on the sbc thing but here is a fix
this thing isnt gonna fall apart!

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Did you fill that big asss hole with anything? or does it just open to the wheel well?

It's nice, BUT :goodfinge
You'll be using that as a template and rebuilding it later.
3/4" MDF costs like $10 for a 4X4 sheet, so it aint expensive.
Also might want to cover that hole to the wheel well with layers of fiberglass from the body section of the auto parts store.

Great idea, keep it up, but you still have a few more steps to make that thing perfect.

Oh and take some pics of it mounted!

MORE PICS DAMIT :beer

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Let me give you some more hints:

Bolt the box to the side of the truck, then install the speakers. It will make the box 99% theft proof:

SEAL UP THE BOX!:
Mine is completly sealed around the wheel well, it does take lots of work, but well worth it:

Also note that I used 2" dry wall screw and liquid nails to assemble the box. Which is more stable than those brakets, and the liquid nails helps seal the box.

Yes that is a 120volt outlet under my sub, powered by my power inverter :goodfinge

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dont worry i do plan on sealing this thing, but not now, i dont have enough time and it sounds perfectly fine for now so im happy. i already have the fiber glass resin and all the materials but no more extra time:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts