Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Do you approve of AutoGuide morphing our site for nefarious commercial purpose?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i guess with the release of the new bronco, the FOTY winner no longer gets to grace the top of the site?

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,517 Posts
i guess with the release of the new bronco, the FOTY winner no longer gets to grace the top of the site?

View attachment 163494
That is me on the right, hanging out with the EB and new bronco. Not quite what it used to be in previous years, but :shrug

·
Premium Member
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is me on the right, hanging out with the EB and new bronco. Not quite what it used to be in previous years, but :shrug

i couldn't remember if you won last year or not. or who was on the banner before. but still... :)

·
The Tennessee Warden
3,517 Posts
i couldn't remember if you won last year or not. or who was on the banner before. but still... :)
Yeah, I was 2019 FOTY. The powers that be have to do the changes now (not the admins/mods) and that is what they did. The 2018 winner cstrike was up there from like April 2019-just now. Your post here is the first time I saw this since I use Tapatalk so much.

·
Super Moderator
25,328 Posts
Yo,
As MS88Bronc advised.
Quader asked for new banners two and a half months ago.
AG Jeff replied "We can do one update a year but we can not do a monthly banner update"

Time to hit the road for a new site.

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Note the Full Size on the right it s the Ride of the Year winner.

Might be good to diversify and represent all Broncos as this awesome culture starts to grow again. I know they are not Full Size but paying some homage to the past and look towards the future might be good. I hope this works for you guys as it looks a bit cleaner and most of the images provided by the winner were not high quality so hard to use, we found one that could work.

Jeff M

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,601 Posts
Anyone gonna address the elephant in the room that there are three Broncos on the banner, one of which is a full-size bronco.........on FULLSIZEBRONCO.com?? Lol
Technically two of them are cuz back in the day one of them was considered “full size”.... I know a stretch but still... guess we know who payed the most money.

Reactions: Thunderfoot62

·
The Tennessee Warden
3,517 Posts
It is what it is - my rig is on the banner, so that’s cool. I’m a little surprised to hear that in my entire Supermotors account there was only one decent picture but that’s ok.

This site, however, is starting to feel more corporate than a family of bronco fanatics. I know, I know...there’s a thread for that. At least I still like the people here.... (so far lol)

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,698 Posts
I posted the following in a thread in the mods section:

---Not a fan. This is fullsize bronco not all bronco dot com. If you're gonna saddle us with the first gen and the next gen, you could at least put the fullsize in the middle, where its most prominent, since it is the correct bronco and it is a prize for the FOTY winner. He shouldnt be tucked back in the corner with a vehicle in the middle that isnt even talked about on this site.

I think fullsize bronco dot com needs a fullsize as the prominent feature in its banner. Leave the first gens to classic bronco dot com and the 6G to their website.
-----

And it seems im not alone in my thinking. How high of quality of pics do they need for a banner pic? Do they know that on supermotors, you can select full size pic which makes it huge with full resolution?

They have yet to respond to a thread of mine thats two weeks old.

·
The Tennessee Warden
3,517 Posts
How high of quality of pics do they need for a banner pic?
That was kind of my point. It's not like its a magazine cover or spread (which I've done) that needs ultra-high res pics. I mean, the pic of my Bronco is about the size of a pink eraser on my monitor - doesn't seems like it would need high res to me. It's photoshopped onto the background anyway - I dunno. I'm not trying to complain about my rig on the banner, but I guess I was just expecting something different. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure this is just viewed as more bitching from the pain in the ass members that fear change and complain about everything, but...

Seriously, at least make the full-size bronco the main picture. And if everyone gets on the banner, maybe a 78/79 model so at least half of them can be actual full size broncos?

I get the inclusive part, I do. That's why the new section was created. Might as well do one got early broncos, too. Shit, get the bronco 2, too. And then the f150s since they're mostly the same. And then we'll bed a section for rangers. And also maybe one for the old Mazdas that were rebadged rangers.

By then it won't matter that the resolution is small because it'll have 30 vehicles on it

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
While we are griping I'm still mad they banned Steve. Ban the guy that shares all the good information. Great idea. After that point I could careless what is on the banner.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,328 Posts
The image is adaptive based upon the device screen size so it will increase or decrease and show differently for desktop, tablet, or mobile.

So to accommodate that the images need to be very high quality to scale properly.

Jeff M
I run my browser at ~14" width (not filling the full monitor, as that makes free flowing text blocks way too wide to read), and each truck in the banner is 3-4" in length. That's at most a quarter of the average size SuperMotors photo, and probably significantly less than that. Someone would have to be viewing the site on a 90" TV before they'd get some blurry scaling as a result, and at that point, I'm pretty sure they'd be used to all graphics looking a bit off.

Scaling down to mobile devices is a non-issue, so I'm not sure why you brought that up. You don't need extra hi-res to scale down. You can scale down equally well from any point.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,233 Posts
Not sure if anyone has actually noticed yet but I saw this and could only think... "WTF AutoGuide?!?"

I don't have a problem with Early Bronco's but I also have no interest in them. I realize that AutoGuide / Vertical Scope has been angling to expand FSB to accommodate the new 2021 Bronco crowd. OK... sure, I get it. I'm NOT on board with making our site accommodate anything more than it's name sake... the FULL SIZE Bronco. I mean, it's literally the NAME of our forum that purposefully excludes anything other than the Bronco's created by Ford from 1978 - 1996. There are plenty of other sites out there that accommodate those Bronco's but this is not and never has been one of them.

I don't have a problem with discussing the new Bronco's. In fact, I would hope and expect that we previous gen owners would have some interest but this is getting out of hand, imo. I objected to the new sub-forum that's being filled by a few very specific users who are clearly here for nothing else than to try and force this new Bronco into our forum. Still... whatever. Like many things in this world... if I don't like it, I don't have to take part in it.

Unfortunately, AutoGuide appears to be continuing to force us down the slippery slope. We now have a header image that appears across the site, from the landing page and across every aspect of the forum that shows... 1st: The 2021 Bronco (not an FSB), 2nd: An early Bronco (clearly, not an FSB) that has never had anything more than a passing interest and appreciation on our site... and 3rd: Almost as an after-thought, an actual FULL SIZE BRONCO. What the hell?!?

Personally, I do not approve of these unauthorized changes to our community forum.
If I wanted to be part of a community for the 1st gen Bronco, I'd be a member of ClassicBroncos.com: Early Bronco Community for 66-77 Ford Bronco
If I wanted to be part of a community for the 6th gen Bronco, I'd be a member of https://www.fullsizebronco.com

Instead... I have been a member of Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum since 2003, because I love the FSB's from 1978 - 1996. It's been slow but AutoGuide has purposefully been twisting our site around to try and force us into being something we are not. How far is this going to go? Haw far are we willing to allow them to push this agenda? How long until we're considered obsolete, on our own forum?

Clearly, AutoGuide / Verticle Scope doesn't care about our Bronco's. They want that commercial money and that's fine but make another site. Stop trying to hijack our membership and turn our forum into something it's not. It's painfully obvious their greed and disregard knows no bounds and the intention here is to use our existing membership and it's numbers. It's a marketing scam they plan to use to get more commercial interest and I personally don't want anything to do with such fraudulent bullshit. Make another forum. Go buy fullsizebronco.com or start from scratch... like we did back in 2003. I do not approve of or wish to be involved in such underhanded tactics and I resent the morphing of this place that has been such an important part of my life over the last 17 years.

I'm interested in hearing the opinions of other members. I'm curious to know if anybody else is concerned. I realize I'm more dedicated and serious about this than most but I have spent thousands of hours of my personal time over many, many years to help build this site into the place we all know and love and because of that personal investment, I may be more concerned than most. So... what are your thoughts about our FSB site being slowly morphed into... well, something else, other than FULLSIZEBRONCO.COM

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,698 Posts
We've been voicing our opinions here, though it was in the newbie section:

new banner?

Many of US feel the same way Pepe

1 - 20 of 248 Posts