Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Do you approve of AutoGuide morphing our site for nefarious commercial purpose?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,614 Posts
Agreed

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,007 Posts
Oh look, an early Bronco!

Can you all help me with this 1967 Bronco? I mean it doesn't have power steering, or brakes for that matter..... but I was wondering how hard would it be to convert these over? And about this 8 track radio that it has? Anyone know where to find 8 tracks? I mean it leaves 2 tracks.....

I get that we're providing a home for the newest Broncos, but that banner gives the false direction that we, "FULLSIZEBRONCO.COM " can help those folks with their questions for the early Broncos. And to not put the FOTY in the center? Unbelievable....

In the Olympics, far right would be 3rd place.... bronze medal.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not sure if anyone has actually noticed yet but I saw this and could only think... "WTF AutoGuide?!?"

I don't have a problem with Early Bronco's but I also have no interest in them. I realize that AutoGuide / Vertical Scope has been angling to expand FSB to accommodate the new 2021 Bronco crowd. OK... sure, I get it. I'm NOT on board with making our site accommodate anything more than it's name sake... the FULL SIZE Bronco. I mean, it's literally the NAME of our forum that purposefully excludes anything other than the Bronco's created by Ford from 1978 - 1996. There are plenty of other sites out there that accommodate those Bronco's but this is not and never has been one of them.

I don't have a problem with discussing the new Bronco's. In fact, I would hope and expect that we previous gen owners would have some interest but this is getting out of hand, imo. I objected to the new sub-forum that's being filled by a few very specific users who are clearly here for nothing else than to try and force this new Bronco into our forum. Still... whatever. Like many things in this world... if I don't like it, I don't have to take part in it.

Unfortunately, AutoGuide appears to be continuing to force us down the slippery slope. We now have a header image that appears across the site, from the landing page and across every aspect of the forum that shows... 1st: The 2021 Bronco (not an FSB), 2nd: An early Bronco (clearly, not an FSB) that has never had anything more than a passing interest and appreciation on our site... and 3rd: Almost as an after-thought, an actual FULL SIZE BRONCO. What the hell?!?

Personally, I do not approve of these unauthorized changes to our community forum.
If I wanted to be part of a community for the 1st gen Bronco, I'd be a member of ClassicBroncos.com: Early Bronco Community for 66-77 Ford Bronco
If I wanted to be part of a community for the 6th gen Bronco, I'd be a member of Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum

Instead... I have been a member of Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum since 2003, because I love the FSB's from 1978 - 1996. It's been slow but AutoGuide has purposefully been twisting our site around to try and force us into being something we are not. How far is this going to go? Haw far are we willing to allow them to push this agenda? How long until we're considered obsolete, on our own forum?

Clearly, AutoGuide / Verticle Scope doesn't care about our Bronco's. They want that commercial money and that's fine but make another site. Stop trying to hijack our membership and turn our forum into something it's not. It's painfully obvious their greed and disregard knows no bounds and the intention here is to use our existing membership and it's numbers. It's a marketing scam they plan to use to get more commercial interest and I personally don't want anything to do with such fraudulent bullshit. Make another forum. Go buy fullsizebronco.com or start from scratch... like we did back in 2003. I do not approve of or wish to be involved in such underhanded tactics and I resent the morphing of this place that has been such an important part of my life over the last 17 years.

View attachment 163521

I'm interested in hearing the opinions of other members. I'm curious to know if anybody else is concerned. I realize I'm more dedicated and serious about this than most but I have spent thousands of hours of my personal time over many, many years to help build this site into the place we all know and love and because of that personal investment, I may be more concerned than most. So... what are your thoughts about our FSB site being slowly morphed into... well, something else, other than FULLSIZEBRONCO.COM
Why is it fraudulent or underhanded for the OWNER of the website to make changes they perceive will increase traffic and revenue? You keep referring to FSB as YOUR site—I hate to break it to you, but you are a guest. Should FSB expand to cover the new bronco, ignore the forums that don’t interest you. You are not forced to read about early or late broncos—open the forums you want and read away.

There seems to be a lot of gnashing of teeth about potential issues that only Vertical Scope has control over. It’s there website, and they can run it into the ground like the rest of their forum purchases (like Pirate4x4). Something new and improved will take its place and then Vertical Scope will buy it and destroy it. It’s the internet circle of life.

If the banner bothers you that much, use Tapatalk—no banner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,471 Posts
Wow, I can see the steam bubbling up from here.

I agree - new Bronco stuff on FSB is getting out of hand. It’s a FSB site I don’t give a damn who owns it. It is our site, without us there is no site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow, I can see the steam bubbling up from here.

I agree - new Bronco stuff on FSB is getting out of hand. It’s a FSB site I don’t give a damn who owns it. It is our site, without us there is no site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That’s the thing.....Vertical Scope is attracting and marketing to new folks so they can make more profit. Soon you won’t be but a distant memory when the hipster horde of new bronco owners make a hundred different posts asking if they can fit 20 inch rims on the new bronco. Did you think they purchased and continue to run this website to keep you happy? Vertical Scope is monitoring the web traffic since the new bronco dropped, and watching that ad revenue increase. The new bronco is a money maker all the way around. It’s Capitalism—love it or hate it.

You guys can keep shouting “stay off my lawn” to the guys that actually own the yard (Vertical Scope), or accept the changes. Or make a serious offer to purchase FSB from the Canadians. Or cash in your 401k and start your own website dedicated to the 79-96 bronco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,246 Posts
Well... a little late to the party I guess. I checked around but didn't think to look in the noobie section. Since it's moved, I guess this thread can die but I've made my feelings clear. If it weren't for the members, I'd have left at the software swap. This... I just don't know if it's worth hanging around to see something I love, grow and change into something I don't want or need and actually resent more and more with each creeping change.

Don't give me that capitalism bullshit. This is corporatism, clearly and the two are not the same thing. Like I said... you want a piece of that pie, go make something genuine. This corporate hijacking, destroying something good, useful and genuine into something you can squeeze until the juice runs dry and be left with nothing but a smashed pulp of what was... it's pathetic.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,246 Posts
Sorry @dash_cam I checked but didn't see this thread, so I made one too. I laid my view out there, of course.

Doesn't really matter though. AG/VS will obviously continue to rape and pillage with reckless abandon.
Somebody let me know when the next FSB gets developed. I'm just... disgusted.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
I just recently stuck my head back in here after reminiscing about the OG days and immediately saw that banner and thought to myself WTF happened here?
You know that is a bummer but not surprising with vertical scope. They are the same when it comes to all their forums they own. They all look the same, they all plug it full of ads which most have nothing to do with the source material and overall just there to make money. They will always tell everyone nothing will change and even give the current admins, mods just enough power to seem like they have control over the forum but that’s just a front. I’ve seen it happen here, vintage mustang and cougar forums and even pirate. The worst is they typically invite people to donate and sponsor memberships to get special perks and no ads which is great on a privately owned forum to help keep the lights on but when it comes to a company like vertical scope donations are going to someone’s pocket instead. Who’s to say they simply won’t decide to merge all bronco forums(vintage,fsb and new gen) all to one plateform to save money and effort rather then running multiple forums?! I sure hope it doesn’t happen but wouldn’t be surprised if it did. Hell they probably have some agreement to with ford marketing to keep pushing this new generation in front of people And what better way to do that then stick an imagine up front and center.
Unfortunately the only way to fix that is for one to start their own forum and migrate people over. Bad part is all the old tech and information would be lost as I’m sure vertical scope owns the rights to it now but not impossible. The OG bronco guys will remember all the moves it took to have what they have now. First it was 2bigbronco, MBB, project bronco etc. before the troops rallied and kicked off FSB.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 1996 Eddie Bauer, 5.8, Pacific Green/ Desert Tan.
It’s loaded. I love it. It now has 343,000 +/- miles on it and I parked it in 2013 after my new F-150 was delivered. I’ve had 2 more trucks since then, but there’s been nothing like that Bronco. My trucks were loaded as I wanted. This F-250 has more more features than the law should allow...but it isn’t that Bronco. My wife got a new F-150 King Ranch and those messaging seats would be about the only thing my Bronco could use to improve it. Well, those seats and the 360 degree camera system.
In 1990 I bought an ‘81 Bronco from a friend. He was the original owner. It was a great Bronco also.
I like what Ford has done with the Bronco. They put a lot of thought into it. There are 7 trim levels I’ve heard. I read about some of them yesterday. It seems that they are aimed at all their completion in this market and Ford isn’t taking any hostages. They are going to be capable of taking you out for a day of fun and bring you back with a big smile on your face. And while the new Bronco may be a fun vehicle I know what my Broncos have been capable of in their stock form as they came from the factory. ....and i always had a smile on my face while in them. They were extremely reliable vehicles. Will vehicles made during this time in history give their owners decades and hundreds of thousands of miles and thousands of hours of reliable, trouble free service? I think not. Because of the complex systems incorporated in vehicles to make life more enjoyable as people travel it’s unlikely. Just my opinion.
Now, this site is called Full Size Bronco. It should remain Full Size Bronco. The owners of the site could easily create a site for The New, Almost Full Size Bronco. That’s just my opinion.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,336 Posts
Don't give me that capitalism bullshit. This is corporatism, clearly and the two are not the same thing. Like I said... you want a piece of that pie, go make something genuine. This corporate hijacking, destroying something good, useful and genuine into something you can squeeze until the juice runs dry and be left with nothing but a smashed pulp of what was... it's pathetic.
I honestly don't understand what you're so upset about. Other than lame software and graphics, which are merely a small annoyance in the grand scheme of things, the only thing that has changed is several old timers leaving in a huff. The community is only affected by the technical stuff if they choose to be, so why are you choosing to let it bother you? When I'm asking or answering a question, I'm oblivious to the header graphic. It's not sensible, but it's also not bothersome. Control what you can control, namely your attitude and happiness. Let the other stuff go.

·
Registered
Lafayette, La
130 Posts
I may be turning into a grumpy old man early at 32... already heavily dislike having to sift through the "2021" threads to see the latest on content relevant to our vehicles. How well do the ignore functions work? Lol

·
Premium Member
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
i see both sides, and outside of my sarcasm, i really don't care fi they add more bronco sections. hopefully the newcomers will post their questions for the 2021 in the 2021 section. i've not posted in there nor read much of any of it. when i see those threads pop up i skip them.

i can't imagine early bronco guys will never join this site because i'm guessing there are multiple mature sites already dedicated to the early bronco like this is to the FSB.

if i was a 2021 bronco owner, i don't know that i would join FSB over a 2021 dedicated site. maybe, but i don't know.

but for me, and this is the real crux of my displeasure, i think the banner looks real dumb with the centerpiece being a bronco that doesn't have a section here. and only 1/3 of the vehicles is actually a full size bronco.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,336 Posts
I may be turning into a grumpy old man early at 32... already heavily dislike having to sift through the "2021" threads to see the latest on content relevant to our vehicles. How well do the ignore functions work? Lol
Does everyone use the New Posts option for reading the forum? Maybe that's why some people are so annoyed with the expanded sections. The only time I ever click on it is to get to the global "mark as read" button for clearing unread stuff in all the sub-forums. Otherwise, I just click on the sub-forums of interest and the '21 stuff is out of sight, out of mind if I'm not looking for it.

If peoples' reading habits are the issue here, it's not tough to try a different approach. Other than the whole habitual thing.

·
Registered
Lafayette, La
130 Posts
Oh agreed. You are correct that is my current "method" if you will. I use it as I typically may come across a topic I would not have found otherwise that interests me. Being that my interest is the fullsize Broncos. Other than a name there is nothing relevant between my Bronco and the new one. At least the classics can potentially have the same engine. Just my opinion but if it were discussed in the anything else forum I think that would be a better fit.

21 - 40 of 248 Posts