Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Do you approve of AutoGuide morphing our site for nefarious commercial purpose?

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 248 Posts

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,517 Posts
The early bronco does not belong in the banner. The 6G could be argued because it’s the “new” full-size, even though it’s based on the new ranger platform which is technically mid-size even if it is almost as big as the 90s full-size trucks.

No one here discusses them in a technical aspect - you might find a couple pics in the Ford Pics thread but that’s about it.

But apparently the members here, paying or not, have zero influence on what this site looks like anymore. It’s a damn shame that this site can’t stay true to its roots because some company bought it and now calls the shots.

·
Registered
344 Posts
This just shows how naive I am....I had no idea, nor really thought about it, that some faceless corporate entity “owned” a forum where a bunch of guys and gals bullshitted about owning an old truck...

·
Administrator
2,881 Posts
Why is it fraudulent or underhanded for the OWNER of the website to make changes they perceive will increase traffic and revenue? You keep referring to FSB as YOUR site—I hate to break it to you, but you are a guest. Should FSB expand to cover the new bronco, ignore the forums that don’t interest you. You are not forced to read about early or late broncos—open the forums you want and read away.

There seems to be a lot of gnashing of teeth about potential issues that only Vertical Scope has control over. It’s there website, and they can run it into the ground like the rest of their forum purchases (like Pirate4x4). Something new and improved will take its place and then Vertical Scope will buy it and destroy it. It’s the internet circle of life.

If the banner bothers you that much, use Tapatalk—no banner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the two on the banner that are not full size didn't win to be up there like promised

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,576 Posts
I don't like it... For all the reasons already mentioned but also because honestly I'm not that thrilled about the new BKO... It's not a full size, it never will be even if they do add an 8cyl option, imo it's pretty ugly especially in the cowardly yellow color... Yeah there's some cool mechanics and performance stuff... But I can just see it now... Every other post is gonna be about why does my 2021 bronco... Or can I mod my 2021... Not looking forward to it at all...

·
Administrator
2,881 Posts
Note the Full Size on the right it s the Ride of the Year winner.

Might be good to diversify and represent all Broncos as this awesome culture starts to grow again. I know they are not Full Size but paying some homage to the past and look towards the future might be good. I hope this works for you guys as it looks a bit cleaner and most of the images provided by the winner were not high quality so hard to use, we found one that could work.

Jeff M
Picture quality is not an excuse, and the other two didn't win Full Size of the Year to get there..... We promised the header would go to full size of the year if someone want to try with one of these others let them win to get up there.

You may attract some but you we will lose more "KEY" members if this is the away Fullsize is going to be run now and in the future

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,517 Posts
Agree with the losing key members comment, and guess what? These KEY members, the ones you’re driving out, are the long term “OG” members - the ones who helped build the site to what it is (was?). These are the guys who have the knowledge base that makes up this site. As a matter of fact, look above and you’ll see several OG members that don’t like it, just in this one thread.

If the knowledge leaves, what do you have? You have a bunch of monkeys throwing $#^* at each other....(and not a very helpful site).

And one more thing - there were lots of pics of the exact same quality as the one above in my SM account. We know that you were waiting on the new bronco to come out so you could put it on the banner. The early bronco I can’t figure out though - no one here can...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Anyway to go “stealth” so that they can’t claim a bunch of traffic to sell advertising space? I know NOTHING about how website advertising works..Asking for a friend...

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
5,072 Posts
The traffic here from us "Old Timers" has already slowed from all the changes, this addition will only accelerate it. I honestly never understood why people would want to be part of a community and then want to change it once they got in. Wait a minute, sounds like the rest of the country, maybe this should be in the political section.
I assume this is where I'm supposed to leave in a "huff"?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,725 Posts
This just shows how naive I am....I had no idea, nor really thought about it, that some faceless corporate entity “owned” a forum where a bunch of guys and gals bullshitted about owning an old truck...
We used to be owned by a man named Joe. But we grew and he couldn't keep up with the pace or monetary requirements. So it got sold. And down hill, the snowball stared rolling towards hell.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,725 Posts
Does everyone use the New Posts option for reading the forum? Maybe that's why some people are so annoyed with the expanded sections. The only time I ever click on it is to get to the global "mark as read" button for clearing unread stuff in all the sub-forums. Otherwise, I just click on the sub-forums of interest and the '21 stuff is out of sight, out of mind if I'm not looking for it.

If peoples' reading habits are the issue here, it's not tough to try a different approach. Other than the whole habitual thing.
I have never ever used the 'new posts' feature. I check the main sections one by one and then the lesser sections when time allows. Unfortunately, I rarely have time for the build section.

@AG Jeff thanks for listening to us.

Perhaps you could have @MS88Bronc take a few new pics in the proper resolution? Since its photochopped in, he could do the shoot in his driveway with a floor jack.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,576 Posts
I use the new posts but just because it's easier and I don't want to miss posts in the off bko sections. Doing all this on mobile it's just easier that way... Might be changing that deepening on how the traffic changes.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,246 Posts
I try to use the "Alert" system to first check threads I've responded in or sub'd too (same) but it's so messed up, I loose track without manually counting threads listed from the top down and opening them all up in separate tabs. Since they're no longer marked and they've never actually worked properly anyway (staying highlighted or whatever, until they've actually been viewed). Then I'll check the new posts listed, if I'm still engaged.

Sad thing is... they are clearly more interested in exploiting our site out for advertising than they are making the place work as it should.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
353 Posts
I have to agree...Full Size.

The host also Gen5Camaro and ElCamino Central forums of which I’m a member too. No doubt this host provides an excellent product. I’m still learning all the features available to members. The ease of posting pics is my fav.

That said the ‘21 Bronco is a Bronco in name only. After close to a quarter century of zero Broncos....Ford should’ve retired the name. Or named it Bronco III.

Myself and I’m sure a lot of you come here not just because of Broncos but to “break internet bread and share a drink” with like minded folks that share a passion.

We like old trucks and cars with all their quirks. We turn our own wrenches, cuss like sailors when she breaks down like @BroncMom recently experienced, surf the net and junk yards for that elusive part she needs. We share a passion.

Oh, that smell.
Can’tcha smell that smell,
A real Bronco has that smell...
and it’s not the new car smell.

·
Premium Member
1987 Bronco 351W, C6
1,213 Posts
Not surprised by this new attempt to "broaden" the appeal of this site- why the hell are there 3 forums dedicated to the new truck and only 2 dedicated to the FULLSIZE (79-96) Broncos? If I wanted to know all about the new horse, I'd go to bronco6g, not here. This was once a pure enthusiast site, now the focus has been taken off the core mission, and it alienates many.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,725 Posts
Not surprised by this new attempt to "broaden" the appeal of this site- why the hell are there 3 forums dedicated to the new truck and only 2 dedicated to the FULLSIZE (79-96) Broncos? If I wanted to know all about the new horse, I'd go to bronco6g, not here. This was once a pure enthusiast site, now the focus has been taken off the core mission, and it alienates many.
I wondered that from the beginning... Why do we have an entire section on the new bronco truck when it was just a rumor. Just lump it in with the other new bronco crap.

·
--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
4,478 Posts
Insert Angry Diatribe about the Banner and Site Format changes here, ____
_
_

FULLSIZE BRONCO FOTY WINNER BANNER __
_.
_

FULLSIZE BRONCO WEBSITE "FAMILY"___
_
_

1977 THRU 1996 BRONCOS_
_
_

Sincerly;__
_
___-HOLE

In Short,
I Agree with Most of the Above.

·
Premium Member
4,418 Posts
The 2020 thread starters are most likely paid to post/staff. Same accounts with a few new ones thrown in to build the forum section up with news channel like titles to result in a click and reply. There is no enthusiasts coming up with threads like some of those users; they have been putting in effort slowly but steadily; little too excited about every update your can tell there is a hidden agenda. It is their forum and they do own it so you cant run up inside someones house and demand they do what you want when you dont own it. Sucks but that is life and you have to play by the rules of the game. I mean if I had control I'd delete the 2020 sections and the political section. Both are irrelevant to OBS/Bronco forums.

But with any business you must cater to your customers and their customers are the established members on the forum. If you dont keep them happy long term tenants do leave and make other means. I'm sure we are all thankful for the wealth of information that everyone has shared on these trucks and continue coming up with on a daily basis to improve them and keep restro-moding and orginal function and design alive and well functioning. Over the last few years I have seen the things that were posted have affect on the resale value and mods purchased in the private market locally and online. There are many people that use the forum and information shared as a basis for ownership of these vehicles; IE this forum has defined bronco ownership for the rest of the world and united states through true and authentic posts of what works and doesn't work and how things should be done.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I just hope you all don't jump ship. I joined because of the wealth of knowledge here for the FSB. I love that I can ask a question and someone here responds quickly. I enjoy reading about other projects and hope I can contribute. I do agree the new Bronco needs its own site and as others have said this probably won't be the go-to place for them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 248 Posts