Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a brand new 09 honda xr650L. I have been riding dirtbikes my whole life, but decided to get one legal for the road. Top speed says 105 on the books, still a little scared of it,:doh0715: so i havent hit that yet(gonna do it at the dragway....legally.) This bike has amazing power and handles well on everything. Anyone else have an enduro? :beer

Attachments

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Looks like fun. I used to have a DR650... They're easy to ride but kind of a tank off-road

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
Nice, looks like fun. I have a 03 WR450, currently working on getting it street legal.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Timmy, my buddy just bought a wr450 supermotarded out. Thing is nasty. It runs with my 650 all day. The make a full kit for it. But i am still happy with my 650. Its going to be an 80%street 20% dirt bike. So, i dont really care that it is a tank.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stang, they are a blast. I just got rid of my chinese 200 enduro, whatever you do, dont buy chinese. Big mistake. My bike was 6200 brand new. Im sure you can find a used one for a reasonable price, and if the wife bitches about it, tell her it is to save gas.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, hide it in the woods. What she doesnt know wont hurt her.:toothless

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Bikes are not cheaper than cars no matter how you pitch it

·
JEEP CREEP
2,503 Posts
nice looking bike man. ive been wanting to buy the street legal ktm 450. my buddys uncle just bought one and that thing is super nice to ride.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
My bike, which is a 2007 holdover and had 9 miles on the clock when I got it in January, costs 56 bucks a month to insure with full coverage. It also gets 35 MPG on a bad day when I'm hammering on it, compared to my truck which barely get 12 MPG with a tailwind going down hill. Its classed as a cruiser, but it's got a 1700CC V-twin engine and is no slouch by any means. It's effectively what you would get it you took a V-Star and a R1 and threw them together.

Sport bikes and things of that nature would be more expensive based on age and experience and such, but in general motorcycles aren't that bad for insurance.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I wish I could ride something like that, but here in the North Atlanta area a bike on the street is like a video game where everyone is out to kill you, except it's real.

Add in idiots on cellphones and distracted soccer moms in gi-normous SUVs and it's a recipe for a funeral.

Nice looking bike and keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
496 Posts
i wish i could get a bmw bike.. but after my brother passed my mom said she "wouldn't allow it" (no matter how old i am) if i got a motorcycle while she's alive

1 - 16 of 16 Posts