Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lick my
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bit of a problem changing the brakes on my truck. I seem to have a different set up than most of the others Ive seen in these trucks. I do not appear to have the pin/key style that Ive seen. I have a hardware kit that has two brackets for the bottom, what appears to be a bent piece of metal that is possibly a spring, and some pad clips. I have no idea how to get them off. I took out the bolt holding the metal bracket in place, but nothing got any looser.

Please help,

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Take a look at Steve83's Hub and Brake album. He's bound to have something in there for you.

·
Administrator
22,853 Posts
does the bolt look similar to this?...if so once removed you punch the metal slide out from the side.

edit...photo courtesy of steve83

·
Lick my
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been to steve83's album MANY times, I just see the removal pictures of the pin style. Its great you found a pic of the hardware kit I have though. How the hell does it go in or get out is what Im asking.

·
Administrator
22,853 Posts
83bronco5.0 said:
I have been to steve83's album MANY times, I just see the removal pictures of the pin style. Its great you found a pic of the hardware kit I have though. How the hell does it go in or get out is what Im asking.
the same way....the metal piece in the pic slides in from either the front or the back...the curved spring sits on the metal piece to keep tension between the caliper and the caliper bracket. Take a hammer and chisel and tap the metal piece out from between the caliper and bracket.:banghead

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
redwagon said:
Take a hammer and chisel and tap the metal piece out from between the caliper and bracket.:banghead
or a punch would be my tool of choice:thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts