Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Guys,

Im not new to the site but I thought I would anownce that I just bought a 1993 Bronc XLT with a 5.8 to replace my 89 XL, 5.0. I am really happy with the purchase but I have a delima.

I bought the 89 to fix up and rebuild. I got as far as a 2" suspension lift 33" Pro Comp mud terrains, and Limited Slip diffs with 4.10 gears. The engine just wouldnt take it anymore and quite frankly neither could I. So I went on the hunt, and found a needle in a hay stack after about a week. The '93 I bought rides and handles great. So I am afraid that if I lift it and throw the suspension and tires under it I am going to ruin the truck.
The lift and tires only give me 10.5" of ground clearance under the front pumpkin. The stock truck on 32's" sits at 8.5" of ground clearance.

So I guess my question is this.

Is the 2" of ground clearance worth the hassel and the alignments and the reduced ride quality I have to fight on the street to get performance on the trail? And is 2" of clearance on the trail going to be a show stopper or can talent behind the wheel overcome that????

I would love some feed back on my problem.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hello

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.