Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,328 Posts
The “full size” bronco (I don’t even think that was ever a formal Ford model description anyway, it’s always been just Ford Bronco; see - just a Bronco, not a Full Size Bronco.)
I read it as a forum terminology issue (e.g., "get off my lawn!") not a Ford terminology one. It's a significant point, given the name of the site.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Know your roll 2021 M.S.B.
MSB = Mid-Sized Bronco? I can get behind that. So the Bronco timeline

• THE Original Bronco
  • The Full Size Bronco
  • The Abomination Bronco II (hate the top roll in the rear side windows)
  • The Pixar Bronc*
  • The Mid Size Bronco, and
  • The Baby Sport Bronco
*looks more like a K5 than an FSB

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
166 Posts
MSB = Mid-Sized Bronco? I can get behind that. So the Bronco timeline

• THE Original Bronco
  • The Full Size Bronco
  • The Abomination Bronco II (hate the top roll in the rear side windows)
  • The Pixar Bronc*
  • The Mid Size Bronco, and
  • The Baby Sport Bronco
*looks more like a K5 than an FSB
I just watched this movie with my kids on Saturday. I was disappointed in how much it looked like a k5 after I kept hearing "The cop drives a FSB"
download.jpg

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Bigger than a Centurion?

...which still isn’t an F150. Wait, does that mean the new Bronco is more akin to a -shudder- Bronco II?
Who gives a ****?
Wait am I reading that correctly? They're saying the new Bronco has 80 CF of storage. which is 30 more than the FSB? Find that hard to believe from looking at the pics..they didn't look like they barely had any cargo capacity..
FSBs aren't particularly tall, wouldn't be hard for a vehicle with a lower floor and higher ceiling to acheive more cargo capacity. Remember FSBs have that giant step up right below the rear seat.

That's a K5 in onward.
The fact that anyone familiar with the FSBs or K5s would get it wrong is deeply disappointing. Next you're gonna tell me Hopper drives a Bronco in stranger things.
Side note: I'm 29 and watched Onward by myself.... and it was fucking fantastic. I now require one of my vehicles to have O for onward on the shifter.

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
166 Posts
Side note: I'm 29 and watched Onward by myself.... and it was fucking fantastic. I now require one of my vehicles to have O for onward on the shifter.
I totally agree that it was a fantastic movie. I would argue my favorite of all the Disney/Pixar movies. Most of the cars had a late 70's/ early 80's c***y look

·
Registered
944 Posts
The Centurion was not made in the Ford factory line. It was made second party by the company Centurion Vehicles.
According to @pfun41 “who gives a ****”...

·
Registered
944 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
9,161 Posts
geeze some people on the facebook groups really get their panties in a wad when you simple state that the new bronco is not technically a 'fullsize'. i never said anything negative towards the new bronco, just said it is technicantly not a fullsize as it is based on the midsized ranger platform. and boy did the hate poured in from a couple of people.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,233 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't take credit for this, it was posted on the Bronco 6g website... I reserved a 2021 and was questioning it... until I saw this.

2021 Bronco 2-Door1996 Bronco 2-Door
MSRP$28,085 - $60,000
Seating4 Seats (max.)
Engine And Power
Engine2.3 L 270 HP I-4
2.7 L 310 HP V 6
Horsepower270 / 310 hp
Torque310 lb-ft / 400 lb-ft
Transmission And Chassis
Transmissions7-Speed Manual · 10-Speed Automatic

Payload And Towing
Cargo volume52 cu ft (2 seats)
24 cu ft (4 seats)
Dimension (Exterior)
Length173.7 in
Width79.3 in (Sasquatch Pkg)
Height78.9 in (Sasquatch Pkg)
Wheelbase100 in
Dimension (Interior)
Front leg room43.1 in
Rear leg room36.3 in
Front head room41 in
Rear head room39 in
Front shoulder room57.1 in
Rear shoulder room51.8 in
Front hip room56.3 in
Rear hip room43.3 in
MSRP$23,035 - $28,865
Seating5 Seats (max.)

Engine And Power
Engine5.0 L 199 HP V 8
Horsepower199 hp
Torque270 N·m

Transmission And Chassis
Transmissions5-Speed Manual · 4-Speed Automatic

Payload And Towing
Cargo volume50.2 cu ft

Dimension (Exterior)
Length183.6 in
Width79.1 in
Height74.4 in
Wheelbase104.7 inch
Dimension (Interior)
Front leg room41.1 in
Rear leg room37.7 in
Front head room41.2 in
Rear head room39.3 in
Front shoulder room64.9 in
Rear shoulder room64.9 in
Front hip room62.2 in
Rear hip room55.3 in

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,297 Posts
96 was 38-48k when corrected for inflation. Looks to be like they are staying right in the ballpark.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
96 was 38-48k when corrected for inflation. Looks to be like they are staying right in the ballpark.
It hasn't played out that way, though. Car prices have gone up significantly less than inflation rates historically, and especially so the past 25 years, where they've largely been flat.

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,297 Posts
Not sure what that means, were cars supposed to get less expensive over time when taking inflation into account and the bronco is an outlier?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
If I wanted to track inflation I would look at a model that has similar equipment over the years such as a real truck like the super duty. (See what I did there haha)

I would suggest the f350 line up.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Not sure what that means, were cars supposed to get less expensive over time when taking inflation into account and the bronco is an outlier?
Yes. It's a significantly more expensive vehicle, relative to the market as a whole.

If you ignore luxury models, new cars are basically the same price now as they were in the mid-'90s.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts