Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently put a down payment on a 96 bronco (which I should be getting any day now). I found the car shortly after the rear timing chain guides went on my 97 Explorer Sport. I used to frequent the explorer forum if anyone here has been there.
Anyway Time to move on to a bigger and better vehicle... I have decided to part out my explorer but it looks to me like some of the parts on it may be interchangeable with the bronco.
My main question though is the alternator, I have 3 alternators for my explorer sitting in my garage. it is the 4G alternator and its for the 4.0 SOHC motor. now my bronco has the 302 engine and I am wondering if this alternator will work with the 302, it looks like it may bolt up. I have 2 130amp alternators and a 200amp one. I would like to reuse the alternator if possible.
Any information would be appreciated as the 200amp is only a week old.

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
you can put a 4g on (i'm 90% positive) but the 3g is better, i'd sell them off....

If you really want to put that 200 amp 4g on, dig through fireguy50's threads or PM him (he may reply), he's the go to guy about alternators....

Also, you will need to upgrade the gauge of wires since you are putting a more powerful alternator on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't realize I needed to post this in the noobie forum. Thanks for the info I tried searching all over the place for a yes or no. I may wind up selling them and having the one on the bronco rebuilt by a local shop.
My explorers timing chain started rattling really bad only a week after I put the alternator in and an electric fan, so it was a pretty big disappointment only getting to drive it that way for a week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts