Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone -

Just found this site and wanted to sign up.

I have a '96 Bronco Eddie Bauer 302 with a 4in. Rough Country Lift and 35x12.50 Mastercraft Courser MTX tires. It also has a K&N filter with Flowmaster 40 series Dual Exahust.

I bought the truck from my father-in-law about a year and a half ago. He bought the truck brand new custom ordered from the dealership. It's been taken extremely good care of and proud to have it.

Question though, I just recently lifted it last weekend (April 11th-12th) and have noticed the left side is slightly lower than the passenger side. The front driver side is 7 3/8 (roughly) from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender and the front passenger side is 8 1/8 (roughly) from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender. I did not measure the back. I understand eventually the suspension will begin to settle a bit but it seems odd that only one side is lower than the other. Any possible ideas?

I've always been more of a mind of functionality than looks so the suspension game is new to me.

I look forward to getting involved and talking with everyone.

Here is a photo of the truck. It's the best before and after I could put together.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Usually if the car has had someone heavy who drives it, or even someone of just average size who has driven it a lot, the suspension can be slightly more worn on one side (usually the left / driver's side) than it is on the other.

This *can* cause sag on one side in older vehicles. I have an old mustang and it has the slightest lean to one side because of that. It's simply uneven weight distribution over the years, if everything looks good on both sides.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Nice looking Bronco. Welcome to FSB::rockon
When you measure did you measure on that gravel driveway or a nice flat, level, concrete surface? A bumpy surface such as a gravel driveway can cause a truck to lean slightly one way or the other. Try measuring on a real smooth level surface.
Did you get the truck professionally aligned after you did the suspension lift? That would be step one. It can have an effect on height, although not much.
If your measurements are still off try to measure the coil springs in their compressed state (again on a nice flat level surface). Your coils should measure the same. If they do then I would say it's something with the body. Check the body mounts. They do get worn and crushed over time. Try all those things and let us know what you find.:thumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts