Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched this with no luck. I realize diagnosing a vehicle noice without actually hearing it is kinda hard but I'll ask anyway. My 1995 started making a creaking noise from the left front wheel area when I hit a bump at low speed or when the suspension flexes from going in or out of a driveway etc. Noise comes from right side only. Sounds like something is binding. I pushed up and down on the bumper and it made no noise. I have plenty of other clunk,thud,clank, noises that a mechanic friend calls typical Ford truck noises but this creaking is driving me crazy!! Very annoying! I'd be thankful for any help!

J

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
- Radius arm bushings
- TTB arm pivot bushings
- Sway bar bushings

Those are my first guesses without knowing much.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
I refer to it as "frame clacking",....lol lol...there's a shot extended portion added to the front end of the "box frame" for bumper attachment, possibily for safety...lol lol...and it's riveted on there and over time as the vehicle gets older with road heat expansion and contraction it makes noise where the rivet might become loose etc.

Mine does it all the time, I'm not saying this is your issue but it's just a thought........

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
The lower shock bushings may be bad also, They may make some noise when the suspension moves

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I guess I will have to check that stuff out. I will defenatly check the bumper idea out, the previous owner lightly bumped something, the left side of the bumper was loose, but I didn't notice anything else. Although the shocks are original(227,000 miles) the bushings seem tight

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Well, I guess I will have to check that stuff out. I will defenatly check the bumper idea out, the previous owner lightly bumped something, the left side of the bumper was loose, but I didn't notice anything else. Although the shocks are original(227,000 miles) the bushings seem tight

at 230k i would say your original shocks were do for replacement about 175k ago

·
trying to go fast!!
1,083 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts