Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

my names eto(not realy) and am the proud owner of a 93 bronco i just bought for 1500$. i used to go off-roading and camping with my dad when i was little, but he sold his ranger for scrap when the driveshaft fell off. i bought this bronco because it was the first 4X4 ive come across so far for under 2 grand that actually ran well and wasnt a pile of rust. she runns like a raiging bull and the only thing wrong with her is the tailgate window dont go down, but im FIXING IT :smash. iv actualy got another thread up in the newbie section almost begging for help, so if you come across it PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEE!!!!

:rockon:rockon:rockon rock on an ill se you on the trails

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
welcome to the forum man. your window will probably 1 of 2 things, either the motor is burned out or the switch is bad. either way its not a hard fix the switch is like 10 bucks, and the motor will is normally less then 40 but i dont know how prices will be since your arent in the continental 48

·
Premium Member
9,999 Posts
Welcome to FSB ~

A quick look at the Tailgate to see if it closes 'flush" with the body line will help your diagnosis in that if the "door striker bolts" are out of adjustment where the TG won't close properly the safety switch will prevent the window from going up/down, using a # T-50 torx socket you can adjust them in place by loosening them and "rotating" them.....on the bolts are the "door striker bushings" part # 38424 "striker bushng kit" in the Help section of any auto parts store......these are the "anti-rattle device" for the doors and TG.....easy to replace.....

If the motor is shot electrically I would recommend having it rebuilt because it's OEM and fits inside correctly, there are inexpensive gear kits to be found on EBay....

Check FSB member Steve83 album "tailgate tech" to help get a better idea of what else is involved inside possibly causing additional problems...........

Dashboard switch is another common problem but easily fixed as mentioned AND with the TG lowered down, look in the left corner of the rear quarter panel near the tail light area and look for the "wire harness" it's for the tailgate motor, over time from opening and closing the harness gets bent and kinked there causing damage affecting the voltage level to the motor....

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,134 Posts
.....on the bolts are the "door striker bushings" part # 38424 "striker bushng kit" in the Help section of any auto parts store......these are the "anti-rattle device" for the doors and TG.....easy to replace.....
Thanks for the tip. Having the part number made for a quick & easy fix to replace my worn out set & get my tailgate working again. $4.49 today at O'Reilly.

·
Super Moderator
26,044 Posts
Yo El,
Also, watch out for the Dorman HELP the driver/passenger door striker kit w/ bushings, 38445 are not good..bushing diameter is way off and striker frame is off as well....it will bolt-in, but aligning it for a no-rattle fit is efffin a waste of time.

Dorman HELP tail gate striker bushings pn 38424 are as JKossarides advised, a good fit & the door bushings driver/passenger bushings are incl. in this kit & fit better than the 384465 part!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts