Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have inherited a Ford 93 FSB from my inlaws the thing is in great condition. I had some throttle issues about 4 months ago replaced the TPS all is fine until today now the speedo is bouncing or not working at all and the lil abs light is on tranny is going into limp mode. I tried pulling the codes not sure if I got them down right as its summer and the kids are building a "robot" and they keep coming to me for advice. I read the write up on the VSS and it says its on top of the rear diff but according to the autozone sight thats the abs sensor? I am kinda new to the new Fords as the last one I was around was a 79 Bronco damn I miss that thing. Any advice?

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,200 Posts
On earlier FSBs (Like my 90) they used the axle sensor for the ABS & a separate VSS on the t-case, but by 93 I think they use the single VSS in the rear axle for both functions. With your symptoms the VSS & it's wiring/connections seems like a good place to start. Check out step 4 of stangmata's E4OD Diagnosis Thread for some info on checking it.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Don't pay any attention to the autozone site. That sensor is for the tranny, speedo and ABS. They all get an input from that thing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellers. I will start checking the harness and connectors tomm. I pulled it and it was clean so was the diff oil must have just been serviced.

·
Registered
664 Posts
that has happened to me twice. The first the VSS just went out. They aren't expensive so I just bought a new one. The second time the wires came detached from the frame, and fell across the exhaust. Just keep an I out for either scenario.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts