Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have always been a fan of the bronco, my uncle had an old 1982 that has just been setting for the past few years that he sold me for $200. Mechanically the truck is good( the rebuilt 302 has less then 6k on the rebuild, good exhaust sytem, brakes and tires where replaced when he did the rebuild) so my main question is where do i start on the body. I have thought about replacing panels cause this is a RUSTY beast the floor pans are rusted through, the fenders, doors, tailgate are all rusted through, and the rear quarters are held on by more rust. so time wise and money and everything else considered would i be better off replacing panels or just gettting a whole new body to go on this frame? and if i go the route of the whole new body what year body will fit on this frame?....are all the frames the same up to 96? any help would be appreciated.:beer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my budget for now is right around $1,000. I know where i can pick up a complete 1990 eddie bauer for $600 has the usual rust over the rear wheels but other then that is mainly rust free....the truck has engine and tranny problems so thinking of maybe just swapping my motor and tranny into that....but the 1990 is EFI and I am not sure what I would run into with putting my stuff into it with all the electronics......

·
Behold my
1,275 Posts
Yeah going from carbed to efi can be a pain if you don't know what you're getting into. Just swap the body, and that will give you an opportunity to get into all the nooks and crannies to clean everything up. It'll swap with a bit of work. Not to mention that it'll give you a new motor to build up while you can still drive the other one. I assume that this isn't your DD and you just happened to pick it up? Then a nice, take your time project is in your future. Or you'll just catch Bronco Fever and spend all your time and money on it, abandoning your wife and family for your rig.

·
Registered
271 Posts
dont make a single move until you check your frame. if a truck is that bad then yes odds are the frame is starting to go or is gone. if your frame is ok then go from there. ask yourself how much time you really want to put into this. i personaly think anything can be salvaged, and i perfer all original, but thats me. im an idiot and would rebuild a pile of brown dust. but if the frames good, and you want to keep the body, get some floor pans in that thing, no need for fred flintstone crap. and as for the swap from efi to carb, your biggest issue will be fuel pressure. the EFI has obviously more fuel pressure than required for a carb and id imagine would cause issues. you would have to gut the body. and swap everything over that is required to run the carb engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.