Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just picked up my winter car/truck yesterday. It's a 1987 Bronco with the 351. 82k miles and the gentleman I purchased it off of was the original owner. It has no rust at all (even underneath) except for a little starting to show on the roof drip rails. Paid $500.00 for it which I think is a steal. The only thing wrong is a slight exhaust leak which I will take care of today and it needs paint (typical Ford clear coat peeling). I'm anxious to get this thing a little dirty! I'll post some photos of it soon and I look forward to reading what you others have done to yours...

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
Sounds like a great buy especially something that old with that few miles. Though that usually means it's been sitting and as such comes with it's own set of problems.

Welcome to the best board for Broncos and funny crap around. Grow a thick skin if you ask a question without thoroughly searching for the answer first. You will learn more than you'll ever need to know. Then again, who knows how much you know already.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome, sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Got an 88 with the same peeling problem myself. Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here she is. I picked it up for $500. 82k miles, bought it from the original owner. Little surface rust on the roof drip rails and hood but none underneath, rockers, fenders, normal places... It has the 351 Windsor with Holley Street Demon carb, Elderbrock heads and intake, Mallory coil, Headman headers... Not the fastest thing in the world but it is a heavy truck. I threw a free set of 33"x12.5"x15 on it a friend gave to me. I plan on lifting it 4", running 35", painting trim, wheels, and top flat black and painting the truck olive drab. The bumpers will be replaced with black "nurf" style bumpers and side rails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UXXODbPauI

The previous owner was a Viet Nam vet and had the flag "tint" on all the rear windows, a big PATRIOT sticker in the front windshield, a POW MIA license plate on the front, Vet license plate on the rear, and pro-gun bumper stickers on the tail gate. That has now all been removed and the plates returned. It looks a little cleaner and I can see out the back windows now.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Boy you weren't kidding about the peeling, looks like it has great potential though.
Keep us posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts